woofas

Default LORBERG family c1800

I am looking for any information on the LORBERG family who were living in the Ludgate Hill area around 1800.
    I have found the probate records of Charles (a printer) & his wife Elizabeth and believe they were married around 1798. Any info on the marriage and his/her family would be appreciated.
    Found records of children Elizabeth(d2y), Charles, Mary (simple?), Charlotte, Jane(d3y) & Joseph but not of eldest daughter Sarah.

Davran

Hi Woofas

If you could give us an idea of dates/places of birth it would help us to help you search. Please give as much detail as you can, so that people are not duplicating what you already know!

woofas

Default Lorberg Family c1800

Cannot really add very much.
    Charles Lorberg buried St Martin Ludgate 23 Sep 1832 aged 58 so would have been born c1774 but do not know where or parent's names
    Wife Elizabeth probate 13 Sep 1833 no age found do not know dob, where or parents.
    Suspect married 1798 at Christchurch Newgate but unable to confirm.

Children:
    Sarah Ann suspect born 1799/1800 but details never found.
    All following St Martin Ludgate Hill
    Elizabeth b 17 Feb 1801 bp 5 Apr 1801 bd 28 Nov 1802
    Charles Henry b11 Jan 1804 bp 19 Feb 1804
    Mary Ann b 15 May 1806 bp 13 Jun 1806 (Will of Elizabeth suggests Mary was in need of special care)
    Charlotte b 11 Aug 1808 bp 11 Sep 1808 bd 17 Oct 1818
    Jane Elizabeth b 24 Apr 1811 bp 16 Jun 1811 bd 12 Dec 1813
    Joseph Frederick (my GG grandfather) b 12 Nov 1813 bp 2 Jan 1814

Hope that this helps

Mutley

There is a lot on Ancestry for the younger members of the family.
    Also you may find this interesting:

Pallots Marriage Index for England 1780 - 1837
    Eliz. Wright sp. married Chas Lorberg b.
    1797 at Christchurch, Newgate.

Sorry, my internet connection is not working well today and I keep losing contact. Will try for more later

Mutley

The only other Pallots entry is for the baptism of Joseph Chas Lorberg in 1838 son of Joseph Fredk and Sophia at St Martin in the Fields, Middx.

I would imagine you have this. Sorry I cannot see Sarah anywhere maybe she died very young.

woofas

Default Lorberg Family

Thanks Mutley but yes, I do have details of Joseph & Sophia's children.

Interestingly Joseph was a surgical instrument maker and judging by the children's baptism records he appeared to move about London to be near the major hospitals of the time Barts Guys etc. I suppose you could say that he was indirectly involved in the body snatching activities prevelant at that time.
    Do you have a full date for the 1798 marriage of Charles & Elizabeth?

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by woofas View Post
    Thanks Mutley but yes, I do have details of Joseph & Sophia's children.

Interestingly Joseph was a surgical instrument maker and judging by the children's baptism records he appeared to move about London to be near the major hospitals of the time Barts Guys etc. I suppose you could say that he was indirectly involved in the body snatching activities prevelant at that time.
    Do you have a full date for the 1798 marriage of Charles & Elizabeth?
    It almost looked from one of the census details (1881) I spotted, as if they had their own business. With Charles, Elizabeth, Jane and George's occupation as 'Cutler'.

Sorry, Pallots does not give a full date. The slip for Chas Lorberg did not even give a year or a church. You would have to get the Parish Records.