June Harvey

Wink GOODCHILD/BAKER Hascombe

William GOODCHILD c. 1760 in Dunsfold, married Elizabeth BAKER in Godalming and they raised the following children in Hascombe:

Elizabeth c. 1792 Hascombe
    William c. 1794 Hascombe
    James c. 1796 Hascombe
    George c. 1798 Hascombe
    John c. 1800 Hascombe
    Sarah c. 1802 Hascombe
    Jane c. 1804 Hascombe
    Harriet c. 1806 Hascombe
    Henry c. 1808 Hascombe
    Ann c. 1810 Hascombe
    Hannah c. 1IN: 0px">George c. 1798 Hascombe
    John c. 1800 Hascombe
    Sarah c. 1802 Hascombe
    Jane c. 1804 Hascombe
    Harriet c. 1806 Hascombe
    Henry c. 1808 Hascombe
    Ann c. 1810 Hascombe
    Hannah c. 1812 Hascombe.

Do you recognize any of these GOODCHILDs?

Regards

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by June Harvey
    William GOODCHILD c. 1760 in Dunsfold,
    In my wife's family there is an Edward Goodchild bapt 1808 in Wisborough Green, Ssx. I've been trawling around various registers in the area for related families and noting down the odd Goodchild, including:

Dunsfold:
    6 Jan 1760 William son of Edward & Ann Goodchild was baptised.

Geoffers
    Charlbury, Oxfordshire
    Last edited by Geoffers; 20-10-2004 at 12:50 PM. Reason: spelling

June Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffers
    In my wife's family there is an Edward Goodchild bapt 1808 in Wisborough Green, Ssx. I've been trawling around various registers in the area for related families and noting down the odd Goodchild, including:

Dunsfold:
    6 Jan 1760 William son of Edward & Ann Goodchild was baptised.

Geoffers
    Charlbury, Oxfordshire
    Hi Geoffers:

William is my 3rd ggrandfather. His parents were Edward b. 1732 and Ann (her surname unknown).

William had a brother Edward c. 1764 who may have named one of his children Edward. I am fairly new to the GOODCHILD line and have not yet researched William's siblings. How close is Wisborough Green to Dunsfold/Hascombe? I must look at a map today.

Geoffers

[William is my 3rd ggrandfather. His parents were Edward b. 1732 and Ann (her surname unknown).]

I'll have a browse through my records and see if I can come up with owt else

[William had a brother Edward c. 1764 who may have named one of his children Edward. I am fairly new to the GOODCHILD line and have not yet researched William's siblings. How close is Wisborough Green to Dunsfold/Hascombe? I must look at a map today.]

Wisborough Green is about 7 miles SSE of Dunsfold. Edward Goodchild married a woman from Alfold and settled down there, his son moved to West Clandon.

Geoffers
    Charlbury, Oxfordshire
    Last edited by Geoffers; 20-10-2004 at 5:41 PM. Reason: spelling

June Harvey

Geoffers: A browse would be good. Thank you. Thanks also for the location Wisborough Green to Dunsfold. Close, eh!

By the way, on the transcription of the Parish Record HARVEY/GOODCHILD, if sm, sig means single, male, signed; what does sw,X mean? Presumably she signed with an X, but sm is a bit beyond me. You can tell (living in Canada) that I have never seen a parish record and am not familiar with the abreviations.

June

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by June Harvey
    By the way, on the transcription of the Parish Record HARVEY/GOODCHILD, if sm, sig means single, male, signed; what does sw,X mean? Presumably she signed with an X, but sm is a bit beyond me. You can tell (living in Canada) that I have never seen a parish record and am not familiar with the abreviations.June
    Sorry
    sm = singleman
    sw = singlewoman
    sig = signature
    X = made a mark (unable to sign name)

Geoffers

June Harvey

Default GOODCHILD/BAKER Hascombe

Geoffers:

Ah - unmarried! Thank you very much. Happy hunting.
    june