Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Scared of spiders but fond of frogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Midletonman
    Hello

My Pryor's come from South London, are you researching Pryor's in the same area?

Best Wishes
    Hello,
    Sorry, but all my PRYOR's are in Cornwall ...... I have none so far who *went* to London.
    Good luck with your research everybody!

suesis

Smile Pascoe research

I have noticed that you are researching Pascoe family of Cornwall. My great_grandfather was JAMES PASCOE born here in Australia 1854, he married MARGARET HANNAH TREZISE on October 12, 1879. He listed HENRY PACOE as his father. There is a HENRY PASCOE who arrived here with his wife AMELIA, and their children Henry {aged 1-14?}, and Mary E. these people are from SITHNEY, there seems to be some confusion with this HENRY, some researches have told me that there was two babies born in 1822, both named HENRY and both with fathers named FRANCIS. Apparently one gentleman has MARY as his wife, the other has JANE GILBERT. The researcher was not sure if 1822 HENRY was baptised or perhaps born out of wedlock and brought up with the other people. As you can see, this is complicated so I would appreciate any help you can offer 22, both named HENRY and both with fathers named FRANCIS. Apparently one gentleman has MARY as his wife, the other has JANE GILBERT. The researcher was not sure if 1822 HENRY was baptised or perhaps born out of wedlock and brought up with the other people. As you can see, this is complicated so I would appreciate any help you can offer [QUOTE=Diane Grant-Salmon]This
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane Grant-Salmon
    This is my list of Surnames I'm researching:

BOWDEN
    GOLDSWORTHY
    HODGE
    KEVERN
    MOYLE
    PASCOE
    PHILLIPS
    PRYOR
    RASHLEIGH
    ROBERTS
    ROWE
    TREFUSES
    TRELOAR
    TREMAYNE
    TRENGROUSE
    TRESIDDER
    VIVIAN
    WEARNE

If you go to this thread below, which you started in Australia Genealogy Forum, you will find that Bo Peep has very kindly solved your problem of which Henry it is ....... and you will find a message from me too after that.

https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...ead.php?t=7318

Sorry I can't help with your Pascoes.

Chris in NZ

Default Goldsworthy

Hi Diane,

I have a John GOLDSWORTHY born about 1834 Gwenap, Cornwall, he married in Newport, Monmouthshire, Wales in 1857 to Elizabeth ALLEN.

Do you have this John GOLDSWORTHY in your tree.

Thanking you
    Chris

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry, but I don't have Elizabeth ALLEN at all in my file, nor your John. Most of my GOLDSWORTHY's were born in Wendron.

Good Luck in the future!

Wendy Brown

Default VIVIANs in Constantine

Hi - I am new to the forum and am researching the name VIVIAN from Constantine.

My great grandmother was Annie Vivian born in 1867 in St Mawgan, daughter of Edward VIVIAN, b 1830 in Constantine and Jemima THOMAS b about 1930 in Budock.

Edward's father was William VIVIAN who married Catherine ROWE. I am trying to find out what sibligs William had. He was born about 1791 and married Catherine in August 1810. They had 5 children, William, Fanny, Ellen, Edwin and Annie. I would be really pleased to hear from anyone who is researching the same family.

You could contact me directly at [email protected]

Kind regards
    Wendy Brown
    Perth
    Western Australia

Hi Wendy,

I'm in a bit of a rush at the moment, as my Grandaughter will be arriving soon for her usual sleep-over, so I will write to you at home over the weekend.

In the meantime, here's something to be going on with re your Edward.

CENSUS 1851 Ref: HO107/1911/607/1
    Dwelling: Penwarne, Mawnan, Cornwall

Robert St. Hilstrike? (79) Head Single Magistrate for Cornwall b. Penzance, Cornwall

James VIVIAN (32) Servant Single Groom b. Constantine, Cornwall
    Edward VIVIAN (20) Servant Single Undergroom b. Constantine, Cornwall

Edward has eight siblings and their Parents are:

William VIVIAN b. 26 Dec 1785 Constantine m. Catherine ROWE 07 Aug 1810 Constantine. She was b. 23 May 1790 Constantine, daughter of John ROWE m. Sarah HOSKING 31 Aug 1781 Constantine.

CENSUS 1841 Ref: HO107/136/7/5/3
    Dwelling: Trecombe, Constantine, Cornwall

William VIVIAN (50) Ag. Lab b. In County
    Catherine VIVIAN (50) b. In County
    Grace VIVIAN (25) b. In County
    Richard VIVIAN (12) b. In County
    Edward VIVIAN (10) b. In County
    continued ......

continued ......

CENSUS 1851 Ref: HO107/1911/637/22
    Dwelling: Trecombe, Constantine, Cornwall

William VIVIAN (65) Head Widower Dairyman b. Constantine, Cornwall
    Grace (37) Daughter Single b. Constantine, Cornwall
    Richard (21) Son Single Farm Labourer b. Constantine, Cornwall
    James (11) Grandson Farm Labourer b. Constantine, Cornwall

William had four siblings and their Parents are:

John VIVIAN b. 27 Jul 1750 Constantine m. Lucy MARTIN 04 Feb 1777 Constantine. I don't know the Parish of her birth but she d. 16 Sep 1824 Constantine, aged 76 yrs.

John had nine siblings and their Parents are:

John VIVIAN b. 05 Sep 1726 Constantine m. Catherine TREMAYNE 22 May 1750 Constantine. She was b. 17 Mar 1729 Constantine, daughter of John TREMAYNE m. Prudence WEARNE 26 Mar 1727 Constantine.

John had one sibling and their Parents were:

John VIVIAN m. Margaret ROWE 15 Oct 1725 St. Gluvias. That's as far back as I have researched the VIVIAN line.

Wendy Brown

Hi Diane

Thanks so much for that information on the VIVIANs of Constantine.
    You gave me a couple of extra generations.

Do you know the other siblings of Edward VIVIAN (b 1830)? I have Grace, Mary, Ann and Richard. I am hoping that James (32), groom and servant, with Edward (20), to the Magistrate for Cornwall on the 1851 census is his brother (which makes 5 of the 8). I would presume so but you can never be sure. If you have details of the siblings, would you share them with me please.

Edward was my grandmother's grandfather. My grandmother said she had twin cousins and I am trying to find them through the VIVIAN line.

Kindest regards
    Wendy

Hi Wendy,

I prepared a Genealogy Report for you yesterday, which shows the family down to your Edward b. 1830 and his eight siblings, who are Catherine, Grace, John, William, James, Henry, Mary Ann and Richard.

I didn't send it off to you, as I wanted to tell you first that this report will come as an attachment to an email, it's a Word doc. I will send it off to you in a minute.

I have other VIVIAN's in my file, a few families marrying into each other, so I may have the link to your Grandmother's twin cousins. Naturally, seeing as your Edward was showing as unmarried in my file, I didn't have details of any of his children or grandchildren.

I'll have a prowl around in my file ....... you never know what I may find!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast