Father ? of Bride: George MUTTON
    Father ? of Groom: George SIMMONS
    Witness(s): John PENZELLY - George SIMMONS
    Date 19th Oct 1856: Place Liskeard, CORNWALL

Brian

Whitby

Default Mutton Captains

Quote Originally Posted by blueandwhite4_ever View Post
    I am wondering if anyone out there has a Thomas Mutton in their family tree? He was probably born about 1820 in Cornwall. Info I have says he married a Mary Ann Symons and they had three daughters, Mary Jane and Eliza being born in Liskeard, and Sophia Ann born in Launceston before they emigrated to Ontario, Canada where they had thirteen more children. I believe they first went to Darlington Ontario and then on to Perth County, Ontario. They may have been married in Maders, Cornwall. Any info would really be appreciated. Thanks ... Dawn
    I've discovered some Mutton Captains. You may be interested in this URL
    history .ac. uk/gh/capsM2.pdf

Whitby

Jingles

Hi! Judith, I Iave not visited this site for some time, so i can't remember if we have made contact!! But your Muttons are My Muttons!! I do have quite a bit of your tree Smedleys Reeds Fyfes and Arthurs! Please come back if we have not made contact!
    Chris at C.Scammell AT talktalk DOT net
    [edited to disguise email address to foil spammers]
    Last edited by ChristineR; 23-01-2009 at 12:38 PM. Reason: email address

MickyMutt

Default William & Grace Mutton

Hi Judith (I think) although I may be replying to Chris (who says I can't follow the posting sequence). Grace Mutton is my 8th cousin 1 x removed. I probably have the same info as Chris - my tree is called "the dig tree" and can be found on the usual suspect lists such as ancestry, GR and tribal pages. It has Muttons back to 1515 in ST Neots. The common ancestor for Chris and myself is my 8th Great Grandfather William Mutton (b 1544 d 1602) who married Jone Pomeroy. If you contact me via the message service I can provide a password to access to my site on tribalpages
    cheers

Michael Mutton
    Geelong

Whitby

Default Robert Mutten

I notice you are in Geelong. MyGrandmother was born there,Sarah Anne Mutten born 15 August 1857 at Cowies Creek daughter of Robert Mutten born Freethorpe, Norfolk, England 1822. I wonder if his reason for going to Cowies Cree was relatives already in Geelong area. He was in Australia in1861 but back in England by 1864.

MickyMutt

Default Robert Mutten

Can't help you there a;though there are a couple of Robert Muttons buried in Geelong Eastern Cemetery (much more recent though). It got me thinking that I had never heard of Cowies Creek then I realised I crossed it nearly every day. Bit of a drain really. Anyway the suburb is called North Shore today but as Cowies Creek it was one of the four railway stations when the Geelong line was opened in 1857. There once was a Rev Mutten at Camperdown one and half hours west of Geelong back in the 1960s but I've no idea where his family originated from. As for my own lot, while I have traced family out of Cornwall to Wales, Sth Yorkshire, the Midlands and a few other places I haven 't linked any to Norfolk.
    cheers
    Mick

Whitby

Default Muttens

Thanks for the information about Cowies Creek. My lot ended up in North Yorkshire and County Durham. I know a Tom Mutton in Scarborough who comes from Northampton but I've not yet made any link.

Whitby.

rwmutton

Wow this thread is a big help, thank you to all. I see also my 5th Great Grandfather Thomas and Patience is mentioned. As with Kieran, I descend their son Richard. Kieran, I have you as my 4th cousin if the info my oldest sister gave me is correct.

Thomas's Father I have as Robert Mutton who married Grace. Robert died in Cornwell England in 1803. I do not have Grace's maiden name nor anybody of their parents. I was hoping to go back further with to see If or when my line came in England.

My Great Grandfather Harold Lawrence who went Larry was born in Cornwell in 1890, and died Spokane, Washington in 1961.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Robert

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567