Starting to feel at home

Default Looking for Fitzgerald family 1841.

Looking for William Henry Fitzgerald b1817 on the 1841 census.
    He married Louisa Watson in 1840 and their first child William was born in 1841.
    On his marriage cert his occupation is Cabinet maker and address is Bedford Street/Square.
    I have found him on later census records living with Louisa and other children and his occupation is Painter/Blind Painter.
    I cannot find the family in 1841 though. I did find a William, Maria and baby William living in Woburn Square in Middlesex. Year of birth is 1816 and occupation could possibly be Painter so wondered if that was him.. but says country of birth is Ireland, whereas on later census records it has his place of birth as Middlesex.
    Bit confused?? I have tried looking under the address of Bedford Street and Bedford Square but could only find a 15 year old Ann Fitzgerald living at Bedford Street.. I don't even know who that is at the moment?
    Interested to trace his correct place of birth so I can confirm that I have the correct parents.
    I looked for them in Phillip Street as this is the address on William's baptism record but could only find Martha and John living there (William's parents).

I cannot find the family in 1841 though. I did find a William, Maria and baby William living in Woburn Square in Middlesex. Year of birth is 1816 and occupation could possibly be Painter
    I don't think that can be them. The occupation says, barrister.
    Alma

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    I don't think that can be them. The occupation says, barrister.
    oh does it, haha! You are obviously much better and reading old handwriting!
    Ok so not them, don't know where they were in 1841 then?

Looking for William Henry Fitzgerald b1817 on the 1841 census.
    He married Louisa Watson in 1840 and their first child William was born in 1841.
    Are you referring to the marriage between HENRY Fitzgerald and Louisa Watson?
    Alma

Starting to feel at home

Are you referring to the marriage between HENRY Fitzgerald and Louisa Watson?
    yes, that's the one.

When in 1841 was William born? If it was after the census, the household census entry would only be the parents.

Also, are the streets and squares you mention in London?

Famous for offering help & advice

Possible birth reg of William
    1841 J Quarter in SAINT GEORGE (IN THE EAST)
    Vol:02 Page 105
    FITZGERALD, WILLIAM HENRY MMN - WATSON

Christ Church, Watney St.

William Henry Fitzgerald was baptised in 1843, born May 1st 1841, father's occ. blind painter, address Philip St, oddly, his sister Emma was baptised on the same day but the address is Cornwall St.

Perhaps they gave the address where the children were born, not the address where the family were living.
    Also, are the streets and squares you mention in London?
    Yes Lesley, they are in London.
    Alma

Starting to feel at home

Christ Church, Watney St.

William Henry Fitzgerald was baptised in 1843, born May 1st 1841, father's occ. blind painter, address Philip St, oddly, his sister Emma was baptised on the same day but the address is Cornwall St.

Perhaps they gave the address where the children were born, not the address where the family were living.

Yes Lesley, they are in London.
    I've looked for them under both addresses, can't find them anywhere. The address given on the first childs baptism record was his parents address so maybe they were staying there but not in when the census was recorded.. Only explanation I can think of?