Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home

Default Elizabeth Collingbourne b1838.

I'm struggling a bit with this person, she appears on the 1841 census living with her parents George and Harriett (I don't think Harriett is her biological mother as she and George only married in 1840 and George was married before). I cannot find a birth record for her which shows a mother's maiden name so unsure of who her mother was.
    In 1851 she isn't on the census with her parents.
    I did find two marriage records for an Elizabeth Collingbourne, one to a William Skinner in 1858 and one to a John McIntyre in 1863. Both name George Collingbourne - Cow Keeper as the father so think it's the same woman. Can't seem to locate her on any census records living with either a William Skinner or a John Mcintyre? Guessing William may have died shortly after their marriage which would explain the second marriage?
    Going round in circles here. I'd like to know where she disapeared to in 1851, 61 and 71?
    Any pointers would be appreciated!
    Thank you!

Super Moderator

1851 census shows as Willingbourne. Is this the census you have looked at? George is a Milkman.. However no Elizabeth but Caroline, Rosina and Alfred.

Quote Originally Posted by suemalings View Post
    1851 census shows as Willingbourne. Is this the census you have looked at? George is a Milkman.. However no Elizabeth but Caroline, Rosina and Alfred.
    Sue, Same family (I think) in 1841. HO107; Piece: 701; Book: 5; Folio: 29; Page: 8
    Alma

There's this birth registration?

COLLINGBOURN, ELIZABETH SARAH, Mother's Maiden Name WENTWORTH
    GRO Reference: 1838 J Quarter in WANDSWORTH AND CLAPHAM UNION Volume 04 Page 462
    Alma

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    There's this birth registration?

COLLINGBOURN, ELIZABETH SARAH, Mother's Maiden Name WENTWORTH
    GRO Reference: 1838 J Quarter in WANDSWORTH AND CLAPHAM UNION Volume 04 Page 462
    Not your Elizabeth, unless she was a relative of George and Harriet. The i841 census names members of a household but not their relationship to the head.

James Stapleton Collingbourne
    Isabella Wentworth
    12 Jan 1832, St. Dionis Backchurch, London, England
    Alma

Knowledgeable and helpful

1851 Census (HO107/1553/F89/p7) has an Elizabeth Collingwood aged 12 born Limehouse working as a servant to Josiah Jupp and family in Mile End Old Town. Possibly Josiah got the name wrong?

Emeltee

The marriage for George and Harriet says Harriet was a widow and names her father as John Sharratt a saddler.
    Alma

I have to leave it for now but will join the search later.

Did find this, she's listed as grand dau to Harriet senior in 1861. RG 9; Piece: 292; Folio: 125; Page: 5;

JONES, HARRIET SHARRATT
    GRO Reference: 1856 D Quarter in STEPNEY Volume 01C Page 442
    Alma

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Not your Elizabeth, unless she was a relative of George and Harriet. The i841 census names members of a household but not their relationship to the head.

James Stapleton Collingbourne
    Isabella Wentworth
    12 Jan 1832, St. Dionis Backchurch, London, England
    I may be wrong but her mothers name may be Eliza. She has 3 full brothers, George, John and Charles and I found baptism records for all of them with George and Eliza as the parents. No baptism record for Elizabeth though.

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by emeltee View Post
    1851 Census (HO107/1553/F89/p7) has an Elizabeth Collingwood aged 12 born Limehouse working as a servant to Josiah Jupp and family in Mile End Old Town. Possibly Josiah got the name wrong?

Emeltee
    This could well be her?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast