Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Finding my father

Hello, I am trying to get in touch with "mummyatherbest" who posted on 26 Feb 2009 about her grandmother Violet Hettie Robinson born in Derby in 1911 - I think I can match up the dots with my father, Peter.

Please getting touch

Kind regards
    Emma
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 03-07-2019 at 1:13 PM. Reason: Personal details edited

I am sorry. I don’t think she is a member anymore. Her profile does not exist in the system, so we have no way to reach her.

As you don’t say otherwise, it seems likely that your father is alive, I have deleted his details, as we do not allow posts about (potentially) living people on the open forum. That information must be shared, when necessary, via the private message system.

Lesley is right mummyatherbest is no longer a member of Brit-Gen. Her posts in 2009 show her as a "Guest" which means no longer a member.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

poop - I think her grandma is my fathers mother, we lost my father five years ago and I wanted to find her and any family....
    Last edited by EmmaHolton; 03-07-2019 at 9:28 PM. Reason: we lost him five years ago

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

thank you - such a shame I missed this - should have followed this up earlier - I think her grandmother was my father's mother - my father died five years ago and want to find out the truth.

Hi
    If you look at this thread on a couple of the posts the poster you are trying to contact gives her first name.
    We are not allowed to post details of living people but if you are happy to repost your father's details we may be able to give you some advice as to where to search.
    Violet Hettie Smith died in July 1987 Derby registration district I think she she remarried and her first husband John Prince died in WW11
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

If you want to look for living family, the best people I know of are the Salvation Army finding service. I know of a couple of people looking for living (half) sibs who used them. The SA even handled the initial approach to the people they found.