Thread: George Coole

siamesewillow

Default George Coole

I know I am expecting the impossible but may be someone may find the information I am looking for.

I have been researching the Coole family from Bristol since the 1990's and with visiting record offices and obtaining certificates plus the help of the internet I have gone back with certainty to 1804 with the birth/baptism of John Coole 1804-1879. His baptism names his parents as George and Hannah Coole. John married Elinor Beynon in 1838 (have marriage certificate) which gives his father's name as George Coole soap boiler.

I have no real proof when George Coole was born, with the help of the Bristol family history who found a marriage on the 23 June 1803 Bristol to Hannah Milsom. Also several possible births one on the 11 May 1787 and the 10 Aug 1789 both giving parents as George and Elizabeth Cole ( the spelling of Coole changes regularly). I also have a burial for George 31 March 1828 St Philip & Jacob.Also have a newspaper report about his death giving his age as 58.
    Going back to John he had 4 siblings William 1806, Sarah 1808, Hannah 1810 and George 1812.
    Any help would be appreciated

siamesewillow

Re. his age at time of newspaper report (1828) the Royal Cornwall Gazette, 12 April 1828, gives his age as 53 - "... foreman of a soap manufactory"
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

FMP has 2 burial records (transcriptions) for George Coole, 31 Mar 1828, age 53
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

siamesewillow

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    FMP has 2 burial records (transcriptions) for George Coole, 31 Mar 1828, age 53
    Hi helachau, Yes that is correct and I have seen the 2 burials on FMP. siamesewillow