Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Gladys Mary Williams

I'm trying to find Gladys Mary Williams born October 1886 in Liverpool. Her parents were Frederick James Williams and Mary Ann Williams nee Hunkin. Gladys had quite a few brothers and sisters. Bertha, Gertrude, Norah, George, Dorothy to name but a few.
    I can find no record of Gladys after 1911 when she was living with her family at Kenmare Road, and her occupation was Governess. I wondered if anyone could help to find the elusive Gladys.
    Of course with a name like Williams it's hard.
    Thanks.

Could this be her death. The first name is registered with the 'w'
    Gwladys M Williams
    Death age 40
    Birth date about 1885
    Registration Date March 1/4 1925
    Registration district Liverpool Lancashire
    Vol 8b Page 258

There are plenty of Gwladys Williams births 1885-1887 but only three Gwladys with middle name Mary one registered Dec 1/4 1886 Cardiff, another June 1/4 1887 Pontypridd and one Dec 1/4 1887 Oswestry. There is also a Gwladys Mary J Williams Dec 1/4 1886.

Hmm, there is a tree on ancestry which has this death reg as a possible only and says that you advised them it is the wrong one as you have this death certificate!
    I can't see Gladys in the 1939 register either.

And just now seen your post for the death cert in question in the Unwanted certificates forums. That'll teach me to look at all the posts first.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice

Frederick James Williams of 47 Kenmare Road died in 1927 and left a will. If all else fails it may be worth obtaining a copy to see if Gladys is mentioned.

I looked up Kenmare Road on the 1939 register, but it skips from 45 to 49. There is one redacted record between them, but it can't be Gladys as she would be past the 100 year rule, so possibly a child from No. 45, and No. 47 is missing entirely??

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Thanks so much for both replies. It could be that as a Governess she moved out of the area. It may be that i will come across Gladys in the next census. Can only hope.