Thread: Riley & Nugent

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Riley & Nugent

Hello
    Really hoping someone can help,
    I'm searching for a William Riley who married a Jane Nugent on the 15 Feb 1889 in Stockport Cheshire, as far as I can see they had 3 children in Scotland, George Henry 1863 Cambuslang, Joseph 1866 (Joseph is the line I'm following)Shettleston Lanark.
    Elizabeth 1868, Monkland Lanark. not sure if they had any other children considering they were married in 1854!
    I know Joseph married in 1889 Keighley Yorkshire, to a Annie Whiteoak.
    but cannot find if his Father William also moved to Keighley. or how old William is and where he was born The family thought they came from Ireland!Any information would be brilliant
    regards
    Lj

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Um, your post is extremely confusing.
    I'm searching for a William Riley who married a Jane Nugent on the 15 Feb 1889 in Stockport Cheshire,
    so far, so good
    as far as I can see they had 3 children in Scotland,
    quite possible for them to move to Scotland from Cheshire
    George Henry 1863 Cambuslang, Joseph 1866 (Joseph is the line I'm following)Shettleston Lanark. Elizabeth 1868, Monkland Lanark.
    These birth dates are before the marriage in 1889.
    not sure if they had any other children considering they were married in 1854!
    And where's 1854 come into the equation?

If you would like to start again I can delete this thread, or else you can post the correct details in a further post in this thread and I'll just delete your first post and this one of mine.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Would you please check the date of William & Jane's marriage? 1889 or 1854? I assume the latter since the kids were otherwise born well before their parents married.

I can't find them in the 1871 census for the UK...

(Pam types faster than I do)

Found them. In the 1871 census for Old Monkland, Lanark, on Ancestry, they are listed as Reilley.

William's birth is given as England abt 1836. Jane's is Ireland abt 1835.
    5 kids listed: Jane Ann (14), Catherine (12), George H (7), Joseph (5), Mary I (3). Jane & Catherine born England.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Thanks I seem to have made a mess up with the marriage dates but it looks like you have found then many thanks so sorry about the mix up
    regards
    Lj