Thread: Hello :)

Default Hello :)

Hi, I have been on this board for many years, although havn't posted much recently.... I tried to sign in using my usual name, Jan47, but it wouldn't let me - i tried to change the password which also didn't work and when i tried this again, the board didn't even send me any emails.... Is there any way, please, you can help me get back in as Jan47? thanks for your help with this

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Jan,

You may or may not be aware that the forum was down for about twenty-four hours the other day partly because everyone (including the mods) was having trouble signing in.

You are the second person I know of who's still had trouble signing-in with their old account. Obviously, it's the weekend and I suspect that the techie guys are hoping to be able to have a little breather while the newest version of our system settles down. So can I ask that you leave things over the weekend, and then I promise we will try and get an answer for you.

Your previous posts and replies to them are still there. Any made in the last year can be located by clicking 'advanced search' in the top right-hand corner, entering your old username in the box and selecting 'one year' for the search period.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Many thanks Pam - I did wonder if things had changed because when I re-registered I was told a 5 "letter" username was not accepted, only 6 and upwards. anyway, many thanks for replying - i will try again next week

Yayayay I am back .... many thanks for your help...

Quote Originally Posted by Jan47 View Post
    That's great news, Jan.

Enjoy your time back on the site
    Alma

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan47 View Post
    So pleased you're back under your old name, Jan.

I was all set to send you a PM about trying again, but things went a little askew in my personal life so my 'to do' list
    went to pot.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”