Thread: First time

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Lightbulb First time

Hi I am very new to this site. My name is Aynnie and I have been doing my family tree for years and with technology it has become easier, I get laid off in the fall so that is when I do the most searching. I am researching my 3xGreatgrand parents Jacob Rayner b:C1813 in Godshill-IoW-Ryde and parish was Holy Trinity D;1903 and Eliza Fleming, B:C1816, Harrington-Newchurch-Holy Trinity-Ryde-Hampshire-IoW D:C1884 Portsea.
    I have recently been told that Eliza is not connected to my family so now I have to find out. This is like a jigsaw puzzle!! I have census, birth registrations, and I understand that in transcriptions there is room for human error and missing pieces, but need to know how to resolve this as there are DNA matches to me that have a lot of the same info. So I am reaching out to all links that may be able to help.
    Thanks
    Aynnie

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Aynnie. Hopefully we will be able to help you.
    Have a look round, see what we have in the various forums, pick one and tell us a bit about your search. These things often work best in small bites, so maybe the place to start is with Eliza, the connection you think she has, and why your contact says she’s wrong?

Hi Aynee
    I have done a bit of moving around and editing of your post and copied it to the Hampshire forum with some answers of mine so you are saved the trouble of posting Joseph and Eliza's details. (they were easy to find) New title is Joseph Rayner and Eliza Fleming IOW, here's the link
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...za-Fleming-IOW
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Jacob and Eliza Rayner

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Aynnie. Hopefully we will be able to help you.
    Have a look round, see what we have in the various forums, pick one and tell us a bit about your search. These things often work best in small bites, so maybe the place to start is with Eliza, the connection you think she has, and why your contact says she’s wrong?
    Thank you for your quick response, I was not thinking I would get help this quick...lol
    It isn't Eliza that is the wrong one it is her parentage, I was told that her parents were David Fleming and Charlotte Rayner, that was from my grandmother and I know that oral history changes with time, so I am trying to figure this one out and where to go. I need to find her parents Jacobs parents are James Rayner B:C1781 Chale-IoW and Jane Dash B:C1792 -Bonchurch-IoW