Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thank you ever so much i think I have found 14 of his siblings thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason77 View Post
    Thank you ever so much i think I have found 14 of his siblings thanks for your help.
    I found William Joseph and his wife Lilian Emily on the 1939 Register with six blacked out records which I think are their children. I thought if Arthur was with them it would give you his birth date but unfortunately for some reason, even though he has died his record is redacted so you will still need his birth certificate.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

All I know is his birthday is April 1923 I have found a fair bit of info since yesterday

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Do you know where and when Arthur died? If he died after 1 April 1969 his birth date should be on his death certificate.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

2014 in Truro he passed away

Jason77 - I've removed the more personal details of Arthur's death as they weren't necessary to my question.

Do you or someone in the family have a copy of the death certificate? If not, then you will have to apply for one.

Because the reference numbers required for ordering certificates for events registered after 2006/2007 aren't available online then you'll either have to pay an extra three pounds or else travel to one of the repositories which hold the latest GRO Index. Bearing in mind possible travel costs, paying the three quid would be cheaper.
    Register first, and then order from https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...es/default.asp

List of places which hold the latest indexes
    https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...FamilyHistory1

The MoD accept photocopies of death certificates - you don't have to send an original.

Pam

Thank you ever so much I'll have to apply to get one but at least I'm on the right track if I send the death certificate I take it they will give me the relevant information about his service record

Quote Originally Posted by Jason77 View Post
    Thank you ever so much I'll have to apply to get one but at least I'm on the right track if I send the death certificate I take it they will give me the relevant information about his service record
    And the application forms. And the cheque for thirty quid.
    The link with all the details is at the end of the first paragraph in Lesley's post #4.

Pam

To get a copy of the certificate, use the links in Pam's message #16. Don't be tempted by some of the commercial sites, who charge more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12