Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Default Fathers ww2 records

    I have just joined Forces War Records to see if I can further develop traing my fathers WW2 service records, but I am struggling to get past 1st base as it doesn't recognise his name.
    Wilfred Holroyd, army number 1908472, served with the Royal Engineers, 568 Army Training Company
    Any advice would be very welcome.

  2. #2


    Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.

    Service records from 1921 and after are still with the MOD. The individual service people can obtain a copy of their own record free. Family can buy a copy, but must provide a copy of a death certificate.
    See HERE.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Select a file: