Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Jonathan Pendock ,B 1749 D 1820 - England

Good day All, I have being trying to trace my Great, Great, Great Grandfather for months and have hit a brick wall despite all measures to trace him that I can think of. His details are as follows and any suggestions, advice or information would be very much appreciated.

Jonathan Pendock, Born 1749, Died 29/05/1820 in Mangotsfield (Bristol), England married Elizabeth Exell, Born 1765, Died 02/10/1812 on 24/05/1787 at Frampton-Cotterell, Gloucester. They had two children that I can trace, Jonathan (jnr), Born 01/1788, Died 09/08/1863 (married Celia Parker) and Thomas , Born Abt 1798 , Died 10/11/1813. I believe that they are buried in the Mangotsfield Churchyard with inscription as follows:-
    "Elizabeth Pendock (wife)
    Born:1765. Died 02/10/1812 - Aged 47
    Jonathan Pendock (husband)
    Born:1749, Died 29/05/1820 - Aged 71
    Thomas Pendock (son)
    Born 1798, Died 10/11/1813 - Aged 18"

Ideally I would like to know something about him , parents , siblings etc

Many thanks for any information
    kind regards

A fountain of knowledge

You may already have seen this or it may be of no help but

Jonathan Pendock Born 01/1788, Died 09/08/1863
    Person having any claim on his estate.

The London Gazette
    6 November 1863

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/...2786/page/5268

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by shippo View Post
    You may already have seen this or it may be of no help but

Jonathan Pendock Born 01/1788, Died 09/08/1863
    Person having any claim on his estate.

The London Gazette
    6 November 1863

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/...2786/page/5268
    Many thanks shippo for your speedy reply. The Jonathan you mention is my Great, Great Grandfather who was the son of the person ( his father) i'm interested in and have hit a brick wall with. I have a bit of history on him but it is his father that I cannot find any info on.
    kind regards
    warida

A fountain of knowledge

Not sure how many had the same name as your fella but this could be worth looking into more.
    I havent been able to get the whole article up as i have used my 3 free searches already so the below is all i can get. If you register you get 3 free searches but after that you have to pay.

https://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/

Published: Monday 10 July 1815
    Newspaper: Gloucester Journal
    consisting of about 7 Acre*, situated Frampton Cotterell, and in the possession of Mr. Pendock. purchase all, or either of the above-mentioned grounds, please apply Mr. Whittington, Solicitor, Sodbury.

A fountain of knowledge

Not sure if you have seen this, interesting anyway.

Quote"HARKHAM FARM.
    The interesting old house and Harkham Hill are evidently named from former occupants of the house. Thomas Harkham, described as of Winterbourne, Gentleman, appears in the Bristol Poll Book of 1774. The property later passed into the hands of the Pendock family with whom it still remains. Jonathan Pendock was tenant of Dibden Farm, Downend, in 1788; he also held Harkham Farm, and was succeeded by Jonathan Pendock, junior, who died in 1863, and was buried at the Forster Baptist Chapel, Downend, aged 74. He was followed by his son Thomas, who died in 1894, aged 77. Mr. Henry Pendock, one of his sons, now occupies the house with his sisters.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

many thanks once again. I have seen the articles on Harkham / Harcombe, Hoopers and Dibden Farms. The pendocks were tenants at Dibden farm for around 160 years and quite a time at Hoopers Farm. Dibden farm is now the Langley Arms Hotel. The focus is on Jonathan Pendock snr ( Born 1749, died 29/05/1820 (aged 71) . His parents, siblings, where from etc - it seems to be a brickwall and cannot progress with any more info on him. kind regards Warida