Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default The Samuel Cumnard and its master

Dear everyone
    I am trying hard to find info on the master of this ship.

Joseph Parker. ships captain.

sailed from England to Australia and around Australian waters bet 1800-1852.

family has it, that he married a Margaret Wilson either in England/Scotland or Tasmania. but so far, I cannot find any evidence.
    He had two children. son Joseph Parker Hall (birth registered as John Alexander Parker born 1841 Launceston Tasmania. and a daughter Charlotte Wilson Hall 1845 Sydney. father listed as John Hall, ships captain and Margaret Wilson.
    He seems to have been known as Joseph Parker, John Hall, Joseph Parker Hall, ships captain married to Margaret Wilson. He either died, or disappeared or went back to England bet 1846-1848, as Margaret remarried. Margaret listed Joseph as deceased, but so far, no proof of his death in Australia under any of the names listed above.
    my friend's mother is in her late 80s, the great granddaughter of Joseph and Margaret would like to sor this out before she passes.
    I am hoping someone can help.
    thanking you
    Doreenh

FindMyPast's "Lloyd's Register of Merchant Ship's Index 1843" has an entry (transcription only) for the "Samuel Cunard". Minimal details - just a name "W Jones".

What's the source of the name "Samuel Cumnard"?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Have you checked Trove (Australian newspapers)? For example -

The Colonist, 23 Jun 1836
    PROJECTED DEPARTURES
    "Samuel Cunard for Launceston and Kingsdown for the sperm fishery, this day; …."

The Colonist was a Sydney newspaper 1835-1840

There are no marriages between Margaret Wilson and Joseph Parker or Hall in the pre-1855 section of Scotlands People, any year and any place. Also 11 Margaret Wilsons married Josephs, none of the male surnames come close.
    Also, no John Hall/Margaret Wilson marriages. No Maggie Wilson with the assorted male names.

Maybe they married in England.

A search of "Trove" using the search key cunard parker in the field entitled "The Phrase" returns 38 hits.