Settling in

Default James Parkin 1825 - 1846

James Parkin was born in Yorkshire, probably Hull, in 1825 to James Parkin and Mary Lucy Parkin (Lythgoe). Indications are that he died at sea, maybe off Cape Horn, in 4 Feb? 1846 (information from several public family trees). Other researchers also mention death may have been in Kentucky, USA. Other Parkin family members came to Australia at various times. None of the various trees I have seen have had any sources detailed. I have been searching for details or sources of deaths at sea, but to no avail. Would anyone here be able to provide me with any leads to follow up with regards to deaths to sea, or any help to find the real information would be greatly appreciated. Graham

Reputation beyond repute

Would anyone here be able to provide me with any leads to follow up with regards to deaths to sea, or any help to find the real information would be greatly appreciated.
    https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/h...sea-or-abroad/

Famous for offering help & advice

Hull Advertiser and Exchange Gazette 10 July 1846:
    DEATHS
    On the 4th Feb on board of the Medora, of this port, on her passage from the Gulf of Mexico to Valparaiso, aged 21, James, eldest son of Mr James Parkin, Crown Tavern, Bridge Street.

Settling in

Hi Peter, thank for that link to National Archives. That site doesn't want to work for today but I will persist. Thank you again for your help.

Settling in

Thank you so much for that information. It has solved my problem. I have now downloaded that page for my own records, and as a source document. Thank you again.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Sorry I deleted what I posted because I realised it was wrong.