Default Newbie Researcher

Hi everyone
    I’ve been dabbling in trying to put together my family tree for maybe 5 yrs on and off but have only really found the time to give it some serious attention in the last 12 months. I live in Australia and most of my searches are for the Uk and Scotland so I’m hoping I’ll find some good information here. Have already been on My Heritage, Ancestry and Scotlands People which is helping put the pieces together. Look forward to being a part of this forum.
    Cheers Karen

Welcome to Brit-Gen!
    Take a look around at all the sections of the forum and then ask your questions. Remember that there are no silly questions. The BG members are very good at ferreting out information.
    When you ask your question try to include all the information you have found and where you've looked. There is nothing more disheartening to a helpful researcher than to be told 'I've already got that'.
    As I said before the members of this forum are very knowledgeable and very helpful.
    Enjoy yourself and happy hunting
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time