Thread: Hello I'm Linda

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Smile Hello I'm Linda

Hi all

I'm Linda. I've been researching my family origins since before ancestry online and others were a thing. I didn't seriously get into it until about 14 years ago. Ancestry online and other have made the process so much easier and much more fun. However sometimes there is still hard work to be done. By that I mean info still missing or hard to obtain. Hard because knowledge on how to obtain it is not always obvious to the person concerned. It's nice to have forums like this to ask in.

These last few years of gone from 'filling up my tree with people' to finding out and listening to their stories, stories that sometimes only history or a word in the right ear can reveal.

I look forward to chatting with you all and I'll put my question/ query up in the relevant section.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Linda.
    Have a wander round, take a look at our assorted forums and pick somewhere suitable to post.

Enjoy!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Linda.
    Have a wander round, take a look at our assorted forums and pick somewhere suitable to post.

Enjoy!
    Thank you for the welcome. I did look around after joining and within about 10 mins I found the answer to the question I was going to ask 😁😁😁

No doubt I will have more questions, usually military based, at some point.

It’s nice to know that the system works!