Starting to feel at home

Default Mitchell in Ayrshire Scotland

I want to verify and authenticate the following information if possible. John Mitchell b 6 Aug 1657 Loudoun Ayrshire Scotland d 1730 Donegal Butler Co PA America. Married Margaret Clark 13 Aug 1686 Falkirk Scotland. John's father was James Mitchell b 14 Feb 1634 Scotland d 1690 Stirlingshire Scotland. John's son was John Mitchell b 23 Feb 1689 Scotland d 2 Mar 1783 VA America. His son was Robert Mitchell b 1720 VA America d 1780 Cobb Caswell Co NC USA. His son was Arthur Eugene Mitchell b 17 Jun 1743 VA America d 17 Sep 1798 SC USA. His son was David Linn Mitchell b 1768 Caswell Co NC d 17 Sep 1798 SC USA. I am quite certain of my Mitchell line from David Linn Mitchell to me (Jabez Gilead Mitchell b 1805, Henry Howard Mitchell b 1853, Floyd Kelly Mitchell b 1883, Harold Henry Mitchell b 1913 and then me, David Henry Mitchell b 1938 in Los Angeles CA USA. Not sure where to begin looking in Scotland records. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

For Scottish records you need Scotlandspeople.gov.uk

I'm not that familiar with Scottish records, but other people are and I'm sure will give further advice, but I would suggest you start by reading the guide to church registers which are the records you need for the 1600s.
    https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/g...urch-registers

Genuki Scotland might be helpful re places and how old various churches are - https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/sct

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

You could also make a start with the stickies at the top of our own General Scottish section. Look HERE.
    I have reviewed a range of useful sources, and where they can be found.

Be aware that the further back you get, the fewer records have survived... Good luck!