Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Hello from New Brunswick, Canada

Greetings to all. I'm new to this site and hope it may help me find links to free information about my British ancestors, especially births, baptisms, marriages, deaths, burials, censuses, passenger lists to and from South Africa, other archived records, and photos.

Most of my British ancestors came to Canada in the 1700s - 1800s (or indirectly to Canada as United Empire Loyalists at the end of the American Revolutionary War).

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum. Have a wander round, familiarize yourself with our assorted forums, and tell us about a bit of your research.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I've been fortunate and pleased to have traced many of my ancestors to the 1700s or earlier - Atkinson, Colpitts, Baxter, Phelps, Slade, Smith, Foss, Warman, Peters, Standing, Marsh, Branscombe, Hall, Bunnell (plus other lines outside England such as Slipp/Schloepp, McQuinn, McLeod, Campbell.
    I'm a descendant of Mary Dore who was hanged by Puritans in Boston because she wouldn't recant her Quaker beliefs. I MAY be a descendant of Lady Alice Lisle who was beheaded in England for harbouring fugitives. If so, I suppose I'm quite lucky they both had children first or I wouldn't be here :-)