Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Settling in

Hi.. Thank you. It's the right family I believe. Grace being there with Andrew might be the Andrew loding with Geo and Jane Price in Stanley come Wrenthorpe 1881..looking at Jane on this makes me wonder if Jane HOLLIS was a Hollis or a Willson. Think the spellings a one off but could also be why I can't find my Wilson connection. This is the same Grace who is married to Reuben Hollis acc to Census 1871 St Mary's Notti gham I believe... Thank you once more. We would be lost without people like yourself 🙄😊

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by REPrice View Post
    Any chance someone watching thus thread, if almach is not on today, could give me 1861 and it maybe 1871 census Rubin Hollis wife Grace born Market Weighten.. They were in Nottingham St Mary I think. I'm interested to find where I saw John and Mary Wilson.. With them or just below.. Ages and where born would be great. Just following up to see if any link to my missing Wilson.. Thanks
    1871 parish of St Mary, Nottingham.
    Census reference RG10/3522 folio 141 page 21
    Ruben Hollis, 48, Grace, 42, daughter Jane 12, all born Nottingham. Daughter Annie, 5, born Grimsby Lincs.

Next entry John Wilson, 73, and wife Mary, 66, both born Masboro, Yorkshire.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Settling in

Arhh yes. That where I saw it. Says all born Notts.. But Jane gives Boston Lincs on most occaisions. I bet she wasn't Reuben Hollis's.. But we'll see. Thank you once more.. Your a ⭐

Settling in

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Is this the 1861 with Grace entered as WILLSON?

1861, Mablethorpe St Peter, Lincolnshire. RG 9; Piece: 2379; Folio: 117; Page: 19;
    Andrew Willson 58, dealer in earthenware, Kirkbymoorside, Yorks
    Margaret Willson 55, wife, Market Wheaton? Weighton. Yorks
    Thomas Willson 22, son, Yorkshire
    Margaret Willson 20, dau, Pocklington
    Mary Willson 18, dau, Allerton
    Magaline Willson, dau, 16,
    Elizabeth Willson, dau, 16
    Grace Willson 28, dau, married, Selby
    Margaret Willson 10, grandau, Scarboro Yorks
    Andrew Willson 4, grandson, Nottinghamshire
    Jane Willson 1, grandau, Boston Lincs

Depending how my day goes, I'll try later for the 1871
    Many Thanks.

Maybe if you get time in future days you might help me with Richard Pernhan/Parnham and his wife Mary? I have them in my tree on Ancestry but now see that Mary cannot be Mary Butler as Her hubby Richard died 1836. And mine is on a census in 1841. Be good to know who he married? If possible..Have nice holiday weekend whatever. And thank you for everything. :-)

I don't think you've mentioned Mary Butler before, I'm assuming she is who you thought was Richard Parnham's wife? You say Mary Butler's husband, Richard Parnham died in 1836, what evidence do you have that the Richard who died 1836 was married to Mary Butler?

There's this death registration for a Richard Parnham which looks promising, unfortunately I've had no luck finding him on the 1851 census.

PARNHAM, RICHARD age 60
    GRO Reference: 1856 D Quarter in NOTTINGHAM Volume 07B Page 112

Without knowing his birth place, it is a near impossible search. He's in Derby in 1841 and says not born in county, his daughter Ann (also not born in county), she says in 1851 (married name Russell) born Stockport Cheshire. It seems Richard moved about the country.
    Alma

Settling in

Your correct in all of that almach. Thank you. The only proof Mary (Pernhan) Butler s husband dying in his 30s in 1836 is from numerous family trees (claiming) him, and her, on Ancestry cite him dying.
    The (Pernhan) eliment in Mary's title obviously led me to believe she was my Richards wife.
    The death you cite later maybe my man though.
    So many questions with this family :-(
    Just thought if I could find Richards Mary I might get a clue to the rest..

The only proof Mary (Pernhan) Butler s husband dying in his 30s in 1836 is from numerous family trees (claiming) him, and her, on Ancestry cite him dying.
    I've seen some trees that you refer to. In my opinion none which I looked at held any proof that Mary Butler's husband Richard Pernham was the Richard Pernham who died in circa 1836 (I can't remember the actual year). Also, it is possible some of the trees have copied the information from tree to tree, that doesn't make it a certainty. However, Mary Butler may or may not be yours, I wouldn't be in a hurry to discount her. We really need to find Richard and possibly Mary in 1851, but after much searching I've had no luck. As I said before, without birth places it's an almost impossible search. Have you looked for all their known children in 1851 to locate their whereabouts?
    Alma

Settling in

I agree. Yes, if you recall George their son is off the radar that Yr too. Could be they were actually somewhere all together? Wales? That's not covered in search unless ticked. I'll look. Or maybe they've gone 'Price' too? As I suspected George and Thomas.. Now that would be turn about!

Settling in

Just scanning this again..and if Alice Hattrick was on 1861 census with George Parnham and Jane ect then the mother has surely got to be Jane Hattrick on that census? And a child is registered in 1862 in maiden name Wilson,must surely indicate she is using 2 names? Alice is most likely hers. And so why use Wilson instead of her own name in 1862? or on those 3 children before she actually weds Parnham? I think I've been looking for ghosts....Merry Xmas :-)

Settling in

Just reading through old posts.. Checking facts.
    As Alice Hattrick was living with George Parnham on the 1861 census it would make sense that the Jane would be her mother.
    And as one of the children had mmn Wilson in 1862 it would also suggest Jane Hattrick was using 2 maiden names... Its doubtful Jane Wilson would pop up 1862 to give birth to a Parnham after Jane Hattrick was sitting with feet under the table 1861...its no wonder I can find nothing after years of looking..
    I thank you for those births you posted 💐

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12