Default Henry Edward byron

I’ve been looking for my 2nd great grandfathers army record but only found this, it’s not the same enlistment forms I’ve seen with other army records I’ve searched before and is it normal to only enlist for 10months only?
    It says he served at home from January to Oct 1915,

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

That's the second page. If you look at the first page of his record it says '1 year Territorial Force'.

I presume you've proved it is 'your' Henry by the names of his wife and children.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

That’s the only page ancestry gave me, yes I check & it’s the correct record with the right children & wife on the bottom of the form etc,

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

I found it on Findmypast, but have now checked it out on Ancestry, and it's actually the third page of the record.

If you look at the middle left and middle right of the pages on Ancestry you will see a little arrow pointing to the left or right, as appropriate, which will take you to either the previous or the next page. You need to go two pages left to get to the first page, and then keep going right until you come to a page which says 'new file'.
    If you read the file he was discharged because he had epileptic fits.

Just done a little more checking.

If your Henry would have been about 19 in 1897, and if Henry's father was also Henry, who at one time (circa 1897-1900) lived at I Rochester Place, High Street, Stoke Newington, London, then you need to go further left than just two pages. Again, keep going until you come to a page labelled 'new file'. I say 'if' because it's a known fact that pages in the files are quite often misfiled in another person's records.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi mand82

"Your" Henry's records run from page 8024 to 8038. (Anc****y, WW1 Pension Records, BYR)

He was a career soldier - joined the Rifle Brigade age 19y 7m in January 1897 and served his full 12 years to 1909. (He would then have transferred to the Army Reserve.)
    In January 1915 he signed up for War Service - but was discharged on medical grounds. He had epilepsy (perhaps caused by alcoholism - see page 8033).

Jane

Thanks just at the library and seen all the pages and saved them to my iPad I always find it hard to read them as the handwriting on some of the records are so messy and being dyslexic it’s even harder to read , I haven’t see anywhere that looks like it says anything about alcoholism

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by mand82 View Post
    Thanks just at the library and seen all the pages and saved them to my iPad I always find it hard to read them as the handwriting on some of the records are so messy and being dyslexic it’s even harder to read , I haven’t see anywhere that looks like it says anything about alcoholism
    Page 8033 (Medical Report):
    "last two attacks may have been due to alcoholism"

Jane

Thanks just just looked again & I zoomed in on the record & can now see it lol ,