Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    There is a marriage record for a Caroline E Waters in 1913 in Edmonton, Middlesex to a Lewis H Banks that might be worthy of consideration.

If you know her exact date of birth a left that might produce results is using that and just her first names is to search the 1939 Register. It has some 600 / 700 Carolines born in 1860, and that would obviously narrow down if you have the exact date, and that could be narrowed further by concentrating on the South East.
    Hi, I’ve seen some of her records census etc show as 1863 as birth and some as 1862,1861,1860 and her baptism says 1864 is kinda confusing, her sons marriage certificate did have a witness of a lewis H Banks maybe this might be the same person as you found on the marriage record for the Caroline , I have searched for other marriage records for Caroline but couldn’t find any records after 1907 but I will go try again 🤞🏻

Brick wall demolition expert!

It sounds to me as though you haven't got any BMD certificates. I know that they can get expensive but they are an essential tool for family historians.

Now that we have separately come up with a common name of Lewis H Banks I would urge you to buy that marriage certificate, directly from the GRO, to see what it says.

I finally found that record on Findmypast but haven’t viewed it yet as I have to wait till Monday when I can access it on the library’s computer but I will be applying for the certificate so I can then try follow that line of the family as well 😊

Brick wall demolition expert!

Well do keep us posted and let us know what it says as we like to know what happens.

I can give you the details to order the certificate because you get them from FreeBMD
    Edmonton June 1913 Volume 3a Page 1064

Dundee10

Quote Originally Posted by mand82 View Post
    ..... and her baptism says 1864
    Isn't this her baptism?

Caroline Elizabeth MILLS
    Baptism Date: 20 Oct 1861
    Baptism Place: High Cross,Hertford,England
    Father: Henry MILLS
    Mother: Elizabeth

Birth registration
    Caroline Elizabeth Mills Oct/Nov/Dec 1/4 1861 registration district Ware Union vol 3a page 177 mother's maiden name Harvey

So from the baptism date found by Dundee10 it looks as if Caroline was born sometime between late August through to the baptism date.

marriage
    Sept 1/4 1852 reg dist Ware. Henry Mills to Elizabeth Harvey vol 3a page 203

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12