Thread: Hello

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Hello

I have been researching my family tree on and off for about 15 years now. I started a lot using the Cornwall records that were free and on line at the time. I have subscribed to Ancestry on and off over the years, and have my tree on there.

Both my parents and their parents were born in London, but the generations before were all over and came to London in the 1850s ish. Most interesting fact I have found is my fathers grandfather was born in the small town of Harlow went to London, my father moved in the 1950s through a company move to the new town of Harlow...and I was born. My father had not know he had any connections.

At the moment I visit the library for FMP and also the BNA, and have an Ancestry sub, and also synch my tree to FTM.

I have 2 photo albums from late 1800's to early 1900's and haven't a clue who most of them are, but scanned them all and added to a gallery on the internet.

Recently retired following redundancy, I also like to sew and 'craft' when not researching!

main names are
    Hicks, Hillyer, Plant, Skinner
    Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum
    Lugg, Freeman, Wilson, Miles
    Dayman, Magford, Hobbs, Heard

Welcome in, Carolyn. Have a wander round, see how we're organised and tell us a bit about one of your current elusives.

I'm regularly surprised by how much 18th and 19th century folk moved around!