Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Famous for offering help & advice

FMP has an 1872 baptism record for JOANNA (rather than Jane) Haywood - Newcastle - father Samuel, mother Maria McAuciffe (sic) Haywood.

drmike789

Thanks everyone for your replies. Food for thought. I'll answer some individually. Cheers, Mike

drmike789

I don't have the certificates as they are quite distant relatives. I was just fascinated with the complexity of working out who was who.

I could understand an informant getting it wrong once, but there are three children and in two different districts. But it's still possible if a friend who moved with them.

drmike789

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    FMP has an 1872 baptism record for JOANNA (rather than Jane) Haywood - Newcastle - father Samuel, mother Maria McAuciffe (sic) Haywood.
    Yes - that's her. It's a Catholic baptism so the names are Latinised.

drmike789

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Their marriage on familysearch.org ?
    Marriage
    Samuel Haywood
    Spouse Mary Mccauliffe
    married 26 Nov 1861
    At Dundalk, Louth, Ireland
    Father's name - Samuel Haywood
    Spouse's father's name - Patrick Mccauliffe

Christina
    I don't have the certificates as they are quite distant relatives. I was just fascinated with the complexity of working out who was who.

I could understand an informant getting it wrong once, but there are three children and in two different districts. But it's still possible if a friend who moved with them.

drmike789

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Have you got the marriage certificate of Samuel and Mary?
    Does it say Mary was a spinster or a widow?
    Who does Mary say was her father? Does that tally with the details on her birth certificate, baptism record, 1841 and 1851 censuses?

Pam
    Thanks, Pam. I don't have the certificates as they are quite distant relatives. And I'm yet to explore the earlier censuses. From her marriage record, her father was Patrick.

drmike789

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    if I've got the right person Esther Haywood's 1875 birth is in the GRO birth index with mother's maiden name ANNRUTTY - is that a mistake ?

a Samuel Haywood married Mary McCauliffe 1861, County Louth, Ireland - wrong couple ?
    It's a mistake but I'm assuming it's meant to be Rutty or it's too much of a coincidence. That probably is the marriage - their first son Samuel was born the next year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12