Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The London Gazette, 24 Aug 1917
    https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/...upplement/8838

See column 2 re. the awarding of Sergeant Pickard's Distinguished Conduct Medal.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Weekly Casualty List (War Office & Air Ministry), Tue 7 Aug 1917
    DIED OF WOUNDS
    Lincolnshire Regiment - .....; Pickard 240010 Co. Sjt.-Maj. H (Barton on Humber)

FMP has 2 service records for a Benjamin Pickard, Barton on Humber - nos. 7847 and 107967

Hi Pam

I can't thank you enough for all the work you've done. Can I just ask one more question, Herbert junior, who married Sarah, did he have three sons? I found an old photo on a WW1 history of Barton website, which showed a photo called the Pickard family where Herbert junior, Alonza, Charles and a cousin Sam were on the back row, with Horatio, Robert and Alfred knelt down in front, all in army uniforms. I presumed that the three men in front were Herbert's sons, he was about 51 at the time. I found out that Herbert was killed in the First World war along with his son Robert. Do you have any more information about Herbert junior?

Many thanks
    Barbara

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Barbara,

The 1911 census says Herbert and Sarah had had five children, two of whom had died. The three still living were with them in 1911 - Robert Herbert, 16; Lucy Josephine, 18, and Mary Kathleen, 12.
    You should be able to find their, and the deceased siblings', birth registrations in the GRO's Historical births index. Link in post #6.

Short of looking up every census, and trawling through the indexes for the parish registers for baptisms and burials, (which after last night's marathon session I really don't have the time to do - which is why I tried my best to point you in the direction of finding things ) I don't have any more information about Herbert or any of his siblings.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Thanks to all for your help, much appreciated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12