Default andrew evans worcestershire

Andrew evans married a sussanah Higgins at bedwardine on 8th feb1807. her parents were Robert and sarah Higgins, but I cannot find anything on Andrews parents or where he was born in the 1841 census he speaks of being born Worcestershire.any help would be gratefully received I am a complete dead end.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello elizabethj,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

The 1841 census shows two Andrew Evan, born Worcestershire, one born 1781 and one born 1796.
    I presume yours is the one born 1781, and living with a Susannah in the parish of St Peter Worcester in 1841. Census ref HO107/1209/17 folio 23 page 4.

Which records have you looked at for Andrew's birth/baptism? Online parish registers for Worcester/shire? FreeREG? FamilySearch?

ADDED: (for other sleuths who, like me, are not familiar with Worcester/shire) - Bedwardine St Johns
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Johns,_Worcester

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

51 census (HO107/2042/3) says he was born in Worcester itself. You might need a trip to Worcester Record Office to browse the city registers. FS only gives the 1794 birth in Rock who is the other census entry Pam found. I did check the Non Conformist index, but no joy.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Default andrew evans

thank you both. I wish I could get to Worcester but I am in my 70s and live in wales, so no chance of getting there.