Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Alexander Wilson Shore Master Aberdeen

Hi
    I am looking for any information on Alexander Wilson born 1867 in Aberdeen and died 3 May 1935 at Banchory kincardshire Scotland. From the early 1900s he was on the Aberdeen Harbour Board and was also Shore Master for a while. He was a Director of Alexander Hall & Company Shipbuilders and also owned a couple of drift Tralwers I think built by Alexander Hall & co. He was also a Granite Merchant who owned the Balmoral Granite Works and was a founder of William Wilsons Plumbing.

What are you looking for? Can we assume that you have been into Scotland’s People and have his birth certificate (and his marriage certificate if he married), as well as his appearances in the census?

There's an earlier post (8 Apr 2011) about Balmoral Granite Works by "gengrant" - no responses
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

I am looking for the time he spent with the Aberdeen Harbour Board both on the Board and as Shore Master and his involvement with Alexander Hall And Company and his ownership of Fishing Trawlers

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Have you checked the British Newspaper Archive? If you have a World sub to FMP, most of the BNA is available as part of that sub. (Not 100% certain, but I think it's just the latest updates to the BNA site that are missing from FMP.)

As with all reputable sites, you can search the BNA site for free, only paying if you want to see an article.

It might also be worth seeing what records Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire record offices have re the Harbour Board.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Hi Pam
    Yes I have gleaned a few snippets from BNA eg. his funeral notice and obituary and a couple of other items about a trip to America for his Granite Company . Thanks very much.

Hi Pam,
    Thanks. I have managed to glean a little more from BNA, he spent several years on the Aberdeen Harbour Board from the early 1900s and was a Director of the Bon Accord Steam Fishing Company, can any one tell me more about this Company in the first quarter of the 1900s

Have you checked BNA? The earliest mention (of many) is -

Edinburgh Evening News, 1 Mar 1901
    NEW JOINT STOCK COMPANIES
    Five new joint stock companies were registered in Scotland this week ....The new companies were ... ; Bon Accord Steam Fishing Company, Aberdeen, to carry on the business of fishing in Aberdeen; capital £12,000 in £1 shares
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

He was also a Director of the Shamrock (Ceylon) Tea Estate, I think founded in 1929

When you have checked everything else, it might be worth contacting the Aberdeen & North East Scotland FHS. They have an excellent collection of sources.