Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default What Unit was my grandfather in, during WW1?

Hello there. I have run into a brick wall regarding my grandfather's WW1 records. I have found his medal records and a number of other records for him, which show he was in the Durham Light Infantry and then later in the Labour Corps. I can't find his service records, many of which were destroyed in WW2. I know that the Labour Corps was staffed, at least in part, by troops who were no longer fit for the front line often due to being a casualty of war. What my brick wall is, I would like to find out when my grandfather was released from the Durham Light Infantry or find out which unit he was in so I can try and find his unit's war diaries. I fear that I'm at the limit of the available records, sadly but any ideas would be gratefully received.

Hi ambercam and welcome to the British-Genealogy forums.
    If you came to us from Forces War Records reading this will explain our connection and what else we do other than war records research.
    If you would like to give us your grandfather's name and regiment number(s) our members can take a look and see what is to be found.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs