Thread: Czech Republic

646abs

Default Czech Republic

I have an ancestor, born 1928 in the Czech Republic,Prague. I have her and parent's names and would like to find out more.

Tony

Hi Tony
    Is the lady born 1928 still alive? If so we are not allowed to post the names of living people which sort of brings that to a halt
    However you could post the names of her parents and anything you know about them which will help us identify her and then give you her info via pm.

Should have asked if you are wanting information about the lady born 1928 or you are wanting to go back with her parents.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Reputation beyond repute

There's a Czechoslovak Genealogical Society International.

https://www.cgsi.org/

It's an American thing but there may be something of use there.

FamilySearch has some records online.

646abs

Christina,
    Sorry about the delay in replying(I struggled to find the sheet I wanted) The lady born 1928 did in fact pass away 2006 so hopefully that helps us!. It is a handwritten document and goes back in the tree to 1798. I don't think it will travel well as a copy over the 'net so would you prefer I type it out ?. I am looking for absolutely anything I can obtain as infill on this family.
    Tony

646abs

Peter,
    Thanks for your suggestions and I will give them a try.
    Tony

646abs

My Czech born lady was Millena Vrbicka,born 19.01`.1929. Her parents were Jan Vrbicky( a doctor.,L believe ) and Milena Slavikova born 23.06.1893. My aunt,Milena Vrbicka ,married Alfred Smith,I don't know where, and they came to England and lived in Wolverhampton.

Tony Smith