Starting to feel at home

Default Patrick O'Connell born 1858 Ireland

Hi I have spend years looking for Patrick o Connell born in timplenoe Kenmare co Kerry Ireland he was born on6/6/1858 his parents were Daniel o Connell and mary Dwyer I heared he went to New Zealand and he married had children and is buirried out there some one told me he is in Bromley cemetery Christchurch Canterbury New Zealand in1938 that's all I know I am not sure hope someone can help thanks Maurice
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 19-03-2019 at 3:02 PM. Reason: Birth year corrected

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Maurice,

I've moved your post to a new thread of its own because it had no relevance in the thread you originally posted in.

Some questions which might enable other people to help you:
    Do I presume you've obtained Patrick's birth date and parents' names from a baptism register relating to Timplenoe?
    Have you looked for a death certificate in New Zealand for Patrick? I know Australian death certificates have a lot more information on them than English and Welsh ones do. Not sure about NZ ones.
    Have you looked to see if NZ cemetery records are online? Tried Billiongraves and Findagrave for a photograph of a memorial?
    Do you think he married in NZ, or is there a chance that he might have married in Ireland?

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by maurice1953 View Post
    Hi I have spend years looking for Patrick o Connell born in timplenoe Kenmare co Kerry Ireland he was born on6/6/1853 his parents were Daniel o Connell and mary Dwyer I heared he went to New Zealand and he married had children and is buirried out there some one told me he is in Bromley cemetery Christchurch Canterbury New Zealand in1938 that's all I know I am not sure hope someone can help thanks Maurice
    Hi I made a mistake sorry Patrick o Connell date of birth 6 /6 /1858 Not 53 MOC

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Maurice,

I've corrected the birth year in both the thread heading, and in the first post of this thread.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Famous for offering help & advice

There is a death record of a Patrick Denis O'Connell in NZ in 1938, aged 79. Died 15 November 1938 at Christchurch Hospital, husband of the late Mary Ann O'Connell, late of the NZ Police Force. Buried at Bromley Cemetery.

Famous for offering help & advice

I've just checked the Irish birth record and it has him as Patrick Connell, not O'Connell

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Jomot1 View Post
    There is a death record of a Patrick Denis O'Connell in NZ in 1938, aged 79. Died 15 November 1938 at Christchurch Hospital, husband of the late Mary Ann O'Connell, late of the NZ Police Force. Buried at Bromley Cemetery.
    Thanks for that . Is he the Patrick o Connell Bourne in timplenoe Kenmare co Kerry parents Daniel o Connell and mary Dwyer

Starting to feel at home

Thanks for your help . The descendants of the Patrick o Connell / Connell are called o Connell today I don't know when the O started sorry for the confusion m o c

Starting to feel at home

Hi I have found Patrich o Connell birth date and parents in Kenmare parish records I don't know when to New Zealand but I was told he died out there that's oll I know is this the same Patrick o Connell / Connell thanks for your help so fare M O C