Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Clara Vecere 2075808 and Vaclav Vecere 787611

Clara Vecere (RAF number 2075808), maiden name Brown (date of birth 10.4.1915, Wolverhamtom, her father's name: John Alfred Brown, date of her first wedding in the St. Mark's church, Cardiff, 18.1.1944), her and my grandfather's daughter name: Ann Clara {lived in} Cardiff. Clara Brown was the first wife of my grandfather Vaclav Vecere, RAF number 787611, he was one of the Czechoslovaks, who served in the RAF during ww2. Clara served as ACW1. in No.1. Officer's Mess St. Athan.
    My grandfather returned to Czechoslovakia after the war, they lost contact after 1948. If you have any information or know their relatives, can give some advice how to reconnect, please let me know. Thank you.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.

I'm sorry that our first "encounter" involves my editing your message, but we do not allow the details about (possibly) living people to be posted on the public forum. If people want to share such information, it must be done through the personal messaging (pm) system. I'll leave Ann's name, but not the rest of her info. I'm assuming that since Clara was born 1915, Vaclav was abound the same age and thus over 100, so I'll leave theirs.

You describe Vaclav as Clara's "first husband". Did she remarry? If so, how did she describe herself on the wedding certificate? Spinster, widow, divorcee?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.

I'm sorry that our first "encounter" involves my editing your message, but we do not allow the details about (possibly) living people to be posted on the public forum. If people want to share such information, it must be done through the personal messaging (pm) system. I'll leave Ann's name, but not the rest of her info. I'm assuming that since Clara was born 1915, Vaclav was abound the same age and thus over 100, so I'll leave theirs.

You describe Vaclav as Clara's "first husband". Did she remarry? If so, how did she describe herself on the wedding certificate? Spinster, widow, divorcee?
    I do not know if Clara married someone else, but she was devorced, in Karlovy Vary, Czechoslovakia, in 1947.
    Thank you for your help.

Brick wall demolition expert!

In the UK the records are organised in different groups. There is one set for England and Wales, another for Scotland and a fourth set for Northern Ireland. Cardiff's records are part of the first group.

Looking at those I can't see a marriage or a death record for Clara. However the death records only go 2007 so if she lived to be a very old lady she might not be listed.

Their daughter married in 1966 in Cardiff, and you can find details of her husband's name if you search the England & Wales Marriage Index which you can find at Ancestry or Findmypast. I looked but could not see any children which might mean that they did not have any, or that the marriage did not last or that they moved away.

Famous for offering help & advice

Free bmd have a marriage for a Clara Vecer in Cardiff in 1952.

Good find grisel
    Quote Originally Posted by grisel View Post
    Free bmd have a marriage for a Clara Vecer in Cardiff in 1952.
    Yes that is her. On the image on ancestry Clara is recorded as Spouse - Clara Brown Or Vecer
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Her husband's death
    Cyril E J Molloy age 67 born 20 June 1927
    Death registered Jan 1995 Registration district South Glamorgan
    Register number G24A
    District and subdistrict 8901G
    Christina
    William Burroughs

There is a Clara Molloy on the electoral register 2010 in Caerphilly, Glamorgan. If this is her she would be 95 and a death after this will not show on the pay oer view sites

There is a birth of a male child in Cardiff reg dist March 1/4 1957 surname Molloy mother's maiden name Brown. A possible child? There are lots of other Molloy/Brown births from 1952 onwards but not in Wales

Christina
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I really appreciate your help, thank you very much.

Famous for offering help & advice

I found a possible probate in 2013, and using the date of death given there, came across the following death notice:

https://
    funeral-notices.co.uk/Wales-South+Wales-South+Wales/death-notices/notice/MOLLOY/242434

Certainly looks possible...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast