Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Hello from Green Bay, WI

Good Morning (as I post this),

Just wanted to say Thank You for accepting me to this website.

Growing up in Michigan’s “Upper Peninsula” I never cared about my ancestors or history. It wasn’t until I started walking the battlefields down in our southern states did I become interested. I had great uncles who were combat veterans in recent wars and so genealogy captured my attention.

As I research my family tree, the names are nothing more than names on a piece of paper. However, when I research the life they were living, they become more than just a name. It also “broadens my horizons” about the world we live in vs what is taught in our schools.

I hope to get back to post my question soon. Will look to find the proper place to post it. Am starting vacation this week and my wife is already starting to establish a “Honey Do” list for me. My wife and I are complete opposites. She liked that British show “Keeping up Appearances” while myself- I always watched Monty Python ha ha

Hueby

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum. You will find that we have a friendly group of volunteer experts.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum. You will find that we have a friendly group of volunteer experts.
    Thank You

Welcome! You’d be at home in our house in South Wales. Our son has been an avid Packers fan for twenty years and his room is overflowing with Green Bay memorabilia
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    Welcome! You’d be at home in our house in South Wales. Our son has been an avid Packers fan for twenty years and his room is overflowing with Green Bay memorabilia
    He should see how much the Stadium District has grown.