Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Famous for offering help & advice

Just to add that in 1939 there is a George Bailey, Cow Man born 1888 married to Mabel living on Sleaford Road, Ruskington, Lincolnshire in 1939 - seems to tick all of the boxes of the clues & hints so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomot1 View Post
    Just to add that in 1939 there is a George Bailey, Cow Man born 1888 married to Mabel living on Sleaford Road, Ruskington, Lincolnshire in 1939 - seems to tick all of the boxes of the clues & hints so far.
    Wow... thank you so much for that. It does tick the boxes! I've just been looking to try and find more information. I can see that the George Bailey had a wife Called Mabel Bailey and looking at the blacked out line underneath them on the register that could very well be another Bailey and possibly a George Bailey. So I've been searching on Ancestry and found details of their marriage. But as yet cannot find the details of them having a son... I'll keep searching as it must be there if they had a child. Thank you for picking up on the "Cow Man" detail.

I think the birth would be this one:

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    a George H Bailey was born 2nd quarter 1924 in Sleaford registration district, mother's maiden name Lloyd. One of the death records I mentioned is George Harry Bailey 1924-2008 (Sleaford)

if I stick with Lincolnshire a George Bailey married Mabel Lloyd, 1913, Stamford district

a William Claud Bailey was born 3rd quarter 1914, Stamford district, Lincolnshire, mother's maiden name Lloyd.

a William C Bailey married Elsie Corby, 2nd quarter 1938, Sleaford. William Claud Bailey died Sleaford 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen C View Post
    The marriage certificate says they married in Islington Registry Office, and their address at the time was 30 Florence Street, Islington. They married on 12 Sept 1946. The certificate says George Harry Bailey Married Emily Shuttleworth (Otherwise Murden Formerly Stockton) as my grandmother had been married previously. George Harry Bailey was 22 and Emily was 29. George Harry Bailey had a father called George Bailey a Dairyman. Emily's father was written as James Stockton deceased and it says he was a captain in the HM Army however, I believe her father was Arthur James Stockton.
    no doubt it has occured to you that Emily might have had children by her marriage to Mr Murden, who would be half-siblings to your father (there seem to be three possible candidates).

Quote Originally Posted by Karen C View Post
    Peter John Harry Bailey was baptised at St John the Evangelist Church, Duncan Terrace which is in Islington. Again Parents details are George Harry Bailey and Emily Doreen Bailey formerly Stockton. {Dates from 1940s deleted} Godparents names don't give any clues as they are names my dad has never heard of (Donald Stewart Littlejohn and Cecilia Winifred Beckenham)
    not particularly relevant, but Donald and Cecilia married eachother in Islington in 1948.

Yes my dad knew he had other siblings, two with the father Murden and another two with a different father. Although his two siblings from Murden have passed away, their adult children and grandchildren also now doing family history research got in touch with me and we met for the first time a few weeks ago ! So that was a very happy result!.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123