Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Hello from Derbyshire

Hello, my name is Sue and I am from Derbyshire. I have been researching our family trees for a couple of years. It all started when my mum showed me a photo of my granddad and she didn't know anything about his family. It all snowballed from there.
    I love gardening, cruising and sightseeing and of course genealogy. I also dislike the cold wet winters, but love warm summers.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Suestew01 View Post
    Hello, my name is Sue and I am from Derbyshire. I have been researching our family trees for a couple of years. It all started when my mum showed me a photo of my granddad and she didn't know anything about his family. It all snowballed from there.
    I love gardening, cruising and sightseeing and of course genealogy. I also dislike the cold wet winters, but love warm summers.
    Hello Sue,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.
    Parts of your post will sound very familiar to most of us. Though in my case it was my dad's side which was the bigger mystery. The good news is that by various strokes of luck I've now got the direct line back to exactly 1700. Fortunately without a Smith, Johnson, Wilson, etc, in sight until the widow of the 1700 person remarries to a George Smith.

If you're stuck on a particular person, tell us as much as you already know about them and what you still need to know and our sleuths will see what they can find out.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Hello Sue
    There not many of us from Derbyshire, whereabouts are you researching and I might be able to point you in the right direction for records.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Derbyshire

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Wilson View Post
    Hello Sue
    There not many of us from Derbyshire, whereabouts are you researching and I might be able to point you in the right direction for records.
    Hi apologies for the delay in replying to you. My research covers, Eckington, Darley Dale, Two Dales, Ashover, also Dronfield, Apperknowle.
    I also have loads of ancestors from Kent too. this is so addictive and mind boggling

Quote Originally Posted by Suestew01 View Post
    Hi apologies for the delay in replying to you. My research covers, Eckington, Darley Dale, Two Dales, Ashover, also Dronfield, Apperknowle.
    I also have loads of ancestors from Kent too. this is so addictive and mind boggling
    Hi Sue
    I have some records for Ashover, Dronfield and Eckington maybe Chesterfield and District FHS holds, will have a dig through the list, the rest would be at the records office in Matlock.
    Let me know which names for which location

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Wilson View Post
    Hi Sue
    I have some records for Ashover, Dronfield and Eckington maybe Chesterfield and District FHS holds, will have a dig through the list, the rest would be at the records office in Matlock.
    Let me know which names for which location
    Hi, These are my family names Swift - Dronfield, Pilkington - Eckington, Ashover but maybe listed as Pilkin in Ashover. My husbands side is Slater - Clay Cross and Hill - Grassmoor, Brimington.

I believe I have found most of my immediate family but i am backtracking and doublechecking as there are now more records on Ancestry. I would love to find my husbands grandads WW1 military records but there are loads of William Hill's. Any guidance would be appreciated Sue

Thanks Sue, will do some digging