+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Hello from Derbyshire

    Hello, my name is Sue and I am from Derbyshire. I have been researching our family trees for a couple of years. It all started when my mum showed me a photo of my granddad and she didn't know anything about his family. It all snowballed from there.
    I love gardening, cruising and sightseeing and of course genealogy. I also dislike the cold wet winters, but love warm summers.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change. Pam Downes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    (now) Sussex, England
    Posts
    7,311
    Thanks
    1,855
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 1,404 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suestew01 View Post
    Hello, my name is Sue and I am from Derbyshire. I have been researching our family trees for a couple of years. It all started when my mum showed me a photo of my granddad and she didn't know anything about his family. It all snowballed from there.
    I love gardening, cruising and sightseeing and of course genealogy. I also dislike the cold wet winters, but love warm summers.
    Hello Sue,

    Welcome to British-Genealogy.
    Parts of your post will sound very familiar to most of us. Though in my case it was my dad's side which was the bigger mystery. The good news is that by various strokes of luck I've now got the direct line back to exactly 1700. Fortunately without a Smith, Johnson, Wilson, etc, in sight until the widow of the 1700 person remarries to a George Smith.

    If you're stuck on a particular person, tell us as much as you already know about them and what you still need to know and our sleuths will see what they can find out.

    Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Neil Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Matlock England
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 128 Times in 118 Posts

    Default

    Hello Sue
    There not many of us from Derbyshire, whereabouts are you researching and I might be able to point you in the right direction for records.

  4. #4
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Derbyshire

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Wilson View Post
    Hello Sue
    There not many of us from Derbyshire, whereabouts are you researching and I might be able to point you in the right direction for records.
    Hi apologies for the delay in replying to you. My research covers, Eckington, Darley Dale, Two Dales, Ashover, also Dronfield, Apperknowle.
    I also have loads of ancestors from Kent too. this is so addictive and mind boggling

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Neil Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Matlock England
    Posts
    2,072
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 128 Times in 118 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suestew01 View Post
    Hi apologies for the delay in replying to you. My research covers, Eckington, Darley Dale, Two Dales, Ashover, also Dronfield, Apperknowle.
    I also have loads of ancestors from Kent too. this is so addictive and mind boggling
    Hi Sue
    I have some records for Ashover, Dronfield and Eckington maybe Chesterfield and District FHS holds, will have a dig through the list, the rest would be at the records office in Matlock.
    Let me know which names for which location

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Select a file: