Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default KEELING family tree

Hi
    I'm a British (ex South African) living in NZ, starting to research my British family who spent quite a lot of time in Derbyshire.
    I have quite a lot of Dutch heritage on one side and Jewish eastern European on the other! what a mish-mash!
    I have hit a few brick walls so now I'm finally registered, I'm hoping someone can give me a few tips to get over these speedbumps!
    Jen

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.
    Have a wander round, choose a suitable forum and tell us something about one of your targets. We have some helpful and friendly members.
    If you,re new to these types of forums, some of the info in the posts at the top of the “Finding your feet” forum may be of help.

Super Moderator

Had a teacher in Birmingham known as Miss Keeling. I think her christian name could have been Nora and I also think she may have lived in Hob Moor Road (I remember seeing her spectacle case at school and trying to read the label with her name and address).

Anyway, wondered if she may have been related in some way. This would have been in the late 1950's early 60's.

If your Jewish roots include the surname Keeling in particular, there is at least one Keeling family with links to Levy,Davidson,Benisch lines in the UK.Henry Keeling was a senior warden at the Western Synagogue and a member of the City of London spectacle makers livery men. Let us know what specific lines you would like help with and post on the particular forum such as Jewish roots.
    Phillip

Thumbs up Jewish ancestry

Hi Phillip
    the Keeling side of my family aren't Jewish but the other half are! (SEBBA)
    thanks for your useful reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    If your Jewish roots include the surname Keeling in particular, there is at least one Keeling family with links to Levy,Davidson,Benisch lines in the UK.Henry Keeling was a senior warden at the Western Synagogue and a member of the City of London spectacle makers livery men. Let us know what specific lines you would like help with and post on the particular forum such as Jewish roots.
    Phillip

For clarity are the Sebba lines in South Africa descended from Rabbi Wulf Hirsch Sebba?
    Phillip