Smile Canadian GI's from the second world war

Hi,
    Can you point me in the direction of how I go about finding a Canadian GI who was in the Croydon area in 1943? Have tried ancestry but there seems to be more records for WW1, not WW2?

Have no more info as to which state the guy came from within Canada? Sorry.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Regards,

Carol

Carol, if the Canadians have followed the same privacy policy as the Brits, you may find that WW2 records are not available yet. However, that's a guess, not a known fact.
    One place you could try is a bit of a walk down memory lane for me - one of the biggest collections of genealogy URLs is Cyndi's List HERE. It's about a decade since I last used them, but I see that they are still there and have a substantial section under "Canada" (including "Canadaian military" - select Categories at the top of the menu on the left, then use the alphabetical search.
    It's worth a try.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    Carol, if the Canadians have followed the same privacy policy as the Brits, you may find that WW2 records are not available yet. However, that's a guess, not a known fact.
    One place you could try is a bit of a walk down memory lane for me - one of the biggest collections of genealogy URLs is Cyndi's List HERE. It's about a decade since I last used them, but I see that they are still there and have a substantial section under "Canada" (including "Canadaian military" - select Categories at the top of the menu on the left, then use the alphabetical search.
    It's worth a try.
    Hi Lesley
    Thanks for that, will give it a go.
    Regards,
    Carol