Loves to help with queries

Default Christina Ann Lawson

Hi I'm trying to find birth reg on GRo for Christina Ann Lawson mother maiden Wright born 1894 21st March
    Below is her death on GRO
    October 1895 • West Derby, Lancashire
    LAWSON, CHRISTINA 1 GRO Reference: 1895 D Quarter in WEST DERBY Volume 08B Page 258
    1 Source

Then we have another Christina Ann Lawson born 1897 again mothers maiden Wright
    This Christina goes on to marry a Pincott and is on the 39 census with her d.o.b

Can't find either of these girls on GRO! Unless I'm missing something obvs again!
    Thanks

Here's Christina in 39 although it has dob as 1909 this is clearly wrong on the original it clearly say 97 as in 1897

Christina Pincott Married Birth Date 13 Jan 1909 Residence Year1939 Address 96Residence Place Liverpool, Lancashire, Occupation Unpaid Domestic Duties
    Schedule Number 682Enumeration DistrictNIBB Registration district455/1.
    Frank Pincott

Here's baptism for 1894 Christina
    Christina Lawson Age 0 Birth Date 21 Mar 1894 Baptism Date 30 Mar 1894 Baptism Plac eLiverpool, St Peter, Lancashire, Liverpool, St Peter, Lancashire Father William Lawson Mother Christina Lawson

Anybody had any joy? Thanks

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

No joy for me, either.
    Though if my findings are correct there's something weird going on.

I'm presuming this is the family in 1911. RG14/22305 SN314
    Living Sandy Road, Seaforth. (West Derby registration district.)
    William Lawson, 43, French polisher
    Christina, wife, 40
    George Stanley, son, 15
    Christina Ann, daur, 14
    Mary Elizabeth, daur, 12
    John Edward, son, 10
    Marion Alexandra, daur, 8
    May Victoria, daur, 6
    William Robert, son, 4
    Thomas Johnson, son, 2
    All born Liverpool except Thomas who was born Seaforth.
    William and Christina married 21 years, had 12 children, 9 still living, 3 died.

William Lawson and Christina Wight on same marriage registration page December quarter 1890, Liverpool registration district.

1901 census
    RG13/3477 folio 103 page 48
    Handfield Street, civil parish of Everton (West Derby registration district.)
    William Lawson, 33, French polisher
    Christina, wife, 30
    Robert W, son, 8
    John E, son, 1 month
    plus Prarya Citycie, grandmother, if you're looking on FMP or Katya Cityin, foster mother, if you're looking on Ancestry. Either way she's 84, a widow, nurse retired, born in Scotland.
    I did wonder if the first name might be Matya, as a mistranscription of Maria, with the second name being Citizen. (Though I've never heard of that as a surname.)
    However, looking for a possible death there is a Patricia Citizen, aged 84, death registration March quarter 1902, West Derby registration district. Which might be her, if you haven't already got her.

However, back to the children . . . . .
    In 1901, Christina Ann, aged 4, is a patient in the fever hospital.

Found the following birth registrations, all with mother's maiden name Wright and all in West Derby registration district:
    William Robert Lawson, September quarter 1891. There's a death registration for a William Robert, aged June quarter 1901.
    In 1901 he's in the Fever Hospital with Christina.
    Robert Wright Lawson, September quarter 1892. He's on the 1901 census; not with the family in 1911
    Mary Elizabeth Wright Lawson, March quarter 1899. In the Fever Hospital in 1901, with the family in 1911.
    John Edward Lawson, March quarter 1901. With the family in both 1901 and 1911.
    Marion Alexandra Lawson, September quarter 1902. Death registration same quarter.
    Marion Alexandra Lawson, December quarter 1903. With the family in 1911.
    May Victoria Lawson, June quarter 1905. With the family in 1911.
    William Robert Lawson, March quarter 1907. With the family in 1911.
    Thomas Johnson Lawson, March quarter 1908. With the family in 1911.

So we know we're missing birth registrations for George Stanley Lawson and Christina Ann. (George by the way, is also in the Fever Hospital in 1901.)
    I make that eleven children. So either they miscounted, or else there's another not registered, and either that one also died, or else Robert Wright Lawson is the other one who died.
    Stop press: Robert Wright Lawson died 7 July 1966. Info from Probate Index. https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

https://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/ has some Lawson birth registrations for West Derby but doesn't seem to have any of the ones listed above, which is beyond weird.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Hi toffeetower
    I did take a look at this and found nothing using all the variations I could think of. I have just taken another look and still nothing. Bah!
    So, no you are not missing something obvious.
    I looked at the births in Lancashire, for Christina (no surname) 1896-1898 on FreeBMD then checked them on the GRO and still nothing.
    Then I thought I would check on George Stanley c1896 without mmn and with/without the middle initial and he isn't there either. Mary Elizabeth (the third child listed in 1911) is there mmn Wright and has the additional middle name Wright.
    I wonder if it is wirth checking if there are any births for Christina and George with the same mmn and following them through or just accepting that the parents didn't bother registering them until they realised they were legally bound to.
    Christina

Hi Pam
    Came to the same conclusion as you only slower.
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Thanks very much Guys! This is what I have so far! See if anything helps you ! Thanks again

Found a George Wright but it's wrong year! According to 1939 records he was born 10 Aug 1895 and I found his baptism 20 Aug 1895
    This record is 1896
    WRIGHT, GEORGE -
    GRO Reference: 1896 J Quarter in WEST DERBY Volume 08B Page 609

Patricia Citizen is also correct! Her daughter Marion married Robert Wright and their daughter Christina Wright married William Lawson