Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    I've never seen this before. On the 1911 census for Constance and her parents and siblings, in the column "Birthplace", each date of birth has been recorded along with birthplace. In the case of Constance it appears to be 9 January 1899.
    However her birth was registered 1st quarter 1898, so I guess that dob is wrong. 9 January 1898 ??

bingo - I think. Constance Maud Reynolds on the 1939 register with Cyril Buckles

Constance Maud Reynolds, born 9 January 1898, died Hounslow 1970.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

bingo - I think. Constance Maud Reynolds on the 1939 register with Cyril Buckles

Constance Maud Reynolds, born 9 January 1898, died Hounslow 1970.
    Take a bow, wimsey. Excellent sleuthing.

The two Buckles children - Cyril and Charles - were twins, births registered with mother's maiden name of Buckles.
    First two people named in the 1939 Register are Caleb and Mary Forsdyke. Caleb S Forsdyke married Mary A Buckles June quarter 1920.
    Birthdate of Mary in the 1939 Register is the same date and month as the 1911 census, but, like Constance's, is one year out. So Constance and Mary must be sisters.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Starting to feel at home

I’ve assumed they got the year wrong and the date right

Starting to feel at home

Her birth record shows she was born in 1898 so I’m assuming that they got the date right and the year wrong. I’ve never seen full dates of birth recorded on the 1911 census either. It’s also odd because two children were included then crossed out. Cyril who wasn’t actually living at home as he’d joined the army, and George who is recorded as being 12 years old then ‘dead’. He died as a baby.

of course what I have not found is a marriage of a Mr Reynolds to Constance. Unfortunately he is not with her on that 1939 register.

The Cyril Buckles on that 1939 register was born January 1919 and died 1975, Ipswich. I notice that there is another Cyril S Buckles born 3rd quarter 1919 (also with mother's maiden name Buckles) in the Kensington district (not a million miles from Hammersmith I suppose), but I guess that could be completely irrelevant.

of course what I have not found is a marriage of a Mr Reynolds to Constance. Unfortunately he is not with her on that 1939 register.
    I couldn't find a marriage either for a Constance White or a Constance Buckles to a Reynolds.
    But, FreeBMD do have a marriage for a Constance (no middle initial) Reynolds to a Hugh (no middle initial) Reynolds. September quarter 1928 Chelsea registration district.
    There's also a death registration for a Hugh H Reynolds, aged 36 (so about the right sort of age for being married to Constance), December quarter 1936 Chelsea registration district.
    I know on the 1939 Register it says Constance is married, but mistakes were made in the Register.

Might have to scrub the above. There's no birth registration in England or Wales 1895-1905 for a Hugh H Reynolds.
    There's also the death registration for a plain Hugh Reynolds, aged 76, Chelsea registration district in March quarter 1961.
    That makes his birth about 1885, and there's a Hugh Reynolds (solicitor, married, born in 1884) living in Dover Street, Westminster, in 1939.

Ooh, no, might be back on. Solicitor is bound to leave a will, isn't he? Probate index 1961 - Hugh Reynolds, of 20Embankment Gardens, SW3, died 18 February 1961. Probate to Wilfred Harry Clark solicitor and Maisie Ross Reynolds, widow.
    Marriage Hugh Reynolds to Maisie R Morten, March quarter 1925, St Martin (London) registration district.
    Maisie dies December quarter 1973 Chelsea registration district. The birth date given for her puts her in Norfolk in the 1939 Register.

The Cyril Buckles on that 1939 register was born January 1919 and died 1975, Ipswich. I notice that there is another Cyril S Buckles born 3rd quarter 1919 (also with mother's maiden name Buckles) in the Kensington district (not a million miles from Hammersmith I suppose), but I guess that could be completely irrelevant.
    Bit weird that one, because I can't find a death for a second Cyril S Buckles either in the GRO Index (up to September quarter 2007) nor in the CWGC site. And there's not another Cyril Buckles in the 1939 Register.
    It's quite possible that the September quarter Cyril could be Constance's son, and that he then took the surname White after Constance and Harold married. Or even Reynolds after Constance presumably married a second time.

Pam

That all looks very impressive.

the co-respondent in Constance's divorce was William Barton so my first thought was that she married him, but I don't see one.

a 24-year-old Cyril BUCKLE of the Royal Artillery died in the Far East in 1943, but there was a Cyril Buckle born in 1920. (I think Constance's brother Cyril Buckles, born 1894 was in the RA - but I'm getting a bit carried away).

Picking up on your idea, a Cyril Stanley Reynolds died in Llandridod Wells in 2009 aged 91.

That all looks very impressive.

the co-respondent in Constance's divorce was William Barton so my first thought was that she married him, but I don't see one.

a 24-year-old Cyril BUCKLE of the Royal Artillery died in the Far East in 1943, but there was a Cyril Buckle born in 1920. (I think Constance's brother Cyril Buckles, born 1894 was in the RA - but I'm getting a bit carried away).
    Wouldn't mind having a little bet (20p each way ) on that being the September quarter 1919 Cyril. So annoying that there's nothing about his parents or an address.

Pam

Picking up on your idea, a Cyril Stanley Reynolds died in Llandridod Wells in 2009 aged 91.
    probably forget that one. Cyril S Reynolds, born 1919, Builth, Radnorshire. This is the trouble, one goes into flights-of-fancy so easily.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast