Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Brick wall demolition expert!

There is no marriage in England and Wales between a William Alexander Reynolds and a Constance Maud.

There are many possible reasons for that:
    They married elsewhere;
    They never married;
    He never existed.

You could try looking at electoral rolls to see if you can find him living with her at any time.

Starting to feel at home

Unfortunately there are times when the only way to find out information is to buy certificates. I think it’s the correct person and I’m pleased that her husband was named but it’s infuriating when you can’t find a record to go with it.

I have just found the electoral registers for 1929 through the 1930s on Ancestry and they offer up some interesting clues.

She's with William for some of the years - not necessarily continuously- but in other years she with other people named Reynolds; such as Frederick James J, Maude Catherine, Cecil Douglas, Edith Añnie and Marie.

Now if these are relatives of William it might be a way of pinning him down.

Famous for offering help & advice

don't want to dash anyone's hopes, but I wonder if that is a different Constance

on the 1939 register Cecil Douglas Reynolds (born 1916) is with Maude C Reynolds (born 1882) and Constance M Reynolds (born 1907), with her 'Reynolds' overwritten with 'Dobbing'.

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    don't want to dash anyone's hopes, but I wonder if that is a different Constance

on the 1939 register Cecil Douglas Reynolds (born 1916) is with Maude C Reynolds (born 1882) and Constance M Reynolds (born 1907), with her 'Reynolds' overwritten with 'Dobbing'.

Ooo err. Two steps forward one step back!

Starting to feel at home

I’ve finally located Constance’s husband thanks to the electoral records. From 1931 a Constance Maud Reynolds is living with William Alexander Reynolds in Hounslow in the Brentford and Chiswick Ward. In 1951 Constance was on her own. From that I found William had died in 1951. He was born 16th December 1898 in Ealing Middlesex as I found him on the 1939 Register (Constance is staying with her sister at the time of the Register).
    I still can’t find a record of a marriage so either they just pretended to be married or the marriage records were lost during World War 2.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234