Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Famous for offering help & advice

FMP have a 1939 Royal Artillery attestation for Cyril Stanley Buckles - I don't have a subscription to look at it.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Wouldn't mind having a little bet (20p each way ) on that being the September quarter 1919 Cyril. So annoying that there's nothing about his parents or an address.

Pam
    Looks like I lost my bet. From information on FMP the one that died in the Far East would seem to have been born in Banbury.
    Birth registered as plain Cyril, March quarter 1920, Banbury registration district.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Brick wall demolition expert!

Looking at the original 1939 Register form the Buckles twin boys appear as numbers 3 & 4 immediately below Caleb & Mary Forsdyke, whilst Constance appears as No. 11. At the very least they were brought up by Caleb & Mary, and may well have been Mary's sons being born just before she and Caleb married. A quite common occurence around the end of WW1.

In terms of Constance and her marriage(s) it is POSSIBLE that she married Cyril E Harris in 1932 in Westhampnett, Sussex, as Constance M White, and then as Constance M Harris married Robert W Reynolds in 1938 in Norwich. This is pure guess work on my part and the only way to confirm one way or another would be to look at the actual marriage certificates.

Starting to feel at home

I’ve managed to find a registration of death for Constance Maud Reynolds (born 9th Jan 1898) in 1970 Hounslow, Greater London. Still can’t find a record of a marriage to a man with the surname Reynolds though.

Quote Originally Posted by Devsom View Post
    I’ve managed to find a registration of death for Constance Maud Reynolds (born 9th Jan 1898) in 1970 Hounslow, Greater London. Still can’t find a record of a marriage to a man with the surname Reynolds though.
    If you get her death certificate it might say that she was the wife or the widow of XYZ Reynolds or he might be the person who registered her death.

Ps you may have missed my suggestion in post no. 23

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Devsom View Post
    As well as taking note of Megan's possibility in post #23, have you thought of the possibility of her marrying under a different surname? See the beginning of my post #17. (Unless you've already seen it, and dismissed it. )

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Starting to feel at home

With regards to post 23. I found the registration of marriage for a Constance M White and Cyril E Harris. It was a really good theory but unfortunately Cyril E Harris was Cyril Edward E Harris born in 1906 in Chichester, Sussex. He appears on the 1939 Register living in Chichester with his wife Constance M Harris (born 1911).

Is it possible my great aunt changed her name and pretended to be married? Her original husband Harold put a notice in the newspaper to say he would not be responsible for any debts incurred by his wife after 1924.

I’ve ordered her death certificate and am keeping my fingers crossed it has some useful information on it.

Hopefully you will let us know what you find out, because as you may have worked out we like mysteries and solving them.

Starting to feel at home

I’ve found out some more information but still can’t find a marriage record

1. I ordered the marriage certificate of Harold Stephen John White (Constance’s first husband) and Winifred Maud Savory. They married in September 1927 and the Harold’s ‘Condition’ reads “formerly the husband of Constance Maud White formerly Buckles spinster from whom he obtained a divorce.”

2. I have received the death certificate of Constance Maud Reynolds. It contains the following information:
    Died 8th September 1970 at Bedfont, Hounslow
    In the box “Maiden Surname of woman who has married” it has just been crossed through with a line.
    Occupation & usual address - Widow of William Alexander Reynolds occupation unknown
    Name of informant - Ronald Francis (don’t know if this was a relative but his usual address is different from Constance’s so he wasn’t living with her)

I am unable to find a record of a marriage between a Constance Maud Buckles/White and William Alexander Reynolds. Any help in finding the marriage would be greatly appreciated.

Famous for offering help & advice

I'm feeling guilty for putting you to the expense of obtaining that death certificate, but I hope you agree it is the correct person. I'm not having any luck finding an appropriate marriage though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast