Default 493 siege battery royal garrison artillery

Hi. I'm looking for information on the
    493 siege battery royal garrison artillery . As my great grandfather (HH Bucknall)was in it. Any information regarding movements and where. Would be great. Dave

Growing old Disgracefully

I did a search "493 siege battery royal garrison artillery" it came up with some interesting stuff.

This was 1 that I looked at a question asked on The Great War Forum about "495th and 493rd Siege Battery RGA - Diary/Information

And the reply if its any help to you
    Unfortunately there is no surviving war diary for 495 Sge Bty; a very small one (one month only) does survive online at the NA discovery website for 493 SB reference WO95/221/11 and can be downloaded for a small fee. After that you can track the movements of 493 for another six months from the Army Brigade it joined on entering a theatre of war. This was 26 Army Brigade whose war diary reference is: WO95/218/3 on the same website, which 493 came under on 6.2.18. The battery had armament of 2 x 12 in Howitzers which were road mounted (as opposed to on rails).

‘In the field’ simply means the events referenced occurred in a field of war.

Default 493 siege battery royal garrison artillery

Hi there sandyhall . Thank you for your reply. I've just found out they were at saleux on the 2 August 18 then moved to the Canadian army but didn't say what division.