Thread: Kroesen Family

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Starting to feel at home

Default Kroesen Family

HI. I am researching my family and my grandmother was Julia (Jettje) Zetha Osborne nee Kroesen, born 19/03/1874, daughter of Joseph Samuel Kroesen and Rebecca Kroesen nee Schwaab. Just seeing if anyone else is looking for the same family, or at least any of the same family names? Thanks. Jeff Osborne.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Jeff,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Are you stuck at a particular point and want help? Or are you just asking generally if anyone else has connections to this family?
    If the former, then obviously tell us the infirmation you already have, and then what you're trying to find.

For possible future reference, Jettje Kroesen's birth was registered Whitechapel registration district June quarter 1874.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Hello Jeff,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Are you stuck at a particular point and want help? Or are you just asking generally if anyone else has connections to this family?
    If the former, then obviously tell us the infirmation you already have, and then what you're trying to find.

For possible future reference, Jettje Kroesen's birth was registered Whitechapel registration district June quarter 1874.

Pam
    Hi Pam. Good to see your as bonkers as myself, I don't think we should change either. Anyway thanks for your reply. Im not actually stuck, although we all are at some stage, but yes seeing if anyone else is on the same page. I have tried to contact the synagogue where Jettje and William Jacob Osborne were married. Sandys Row, but no reply.

For those researching the Kroesen/Osborne/Schwaebe aka Schwab aka Schwaab and other derivations- see JewishGen UK Data base for the Marriage of Julia Kroesen to Jacob William Osborne:
    Sandys Row Synagogue
    Book 2 No 38
    7 Sept 1902
    Julia Kroesen 28 -156G Block Stepney Gardens Dwellings-father Joseph Kroesen Cigar maker
    Jacob William Osborne 22 Distillers Bottler 10a Block Stepney Gardens-father John Osborne farmer
    Witnesses H Bromkhurst; Samuel Kroesen

Tombstone photo-Esther Kroesen death 20 June 1912 age 25 parents Joseh/Rebecca Kroesen- Plashet Cemetery

Nb There are other records relating to the lines on JCR UK Data base

These lines are originally Dutch Jews.

See the Sandys Row Synagogue website for contact details- there are 832 marriage records for 1894-1930

I have yet to check Jewish Chronicle Archives for the lines but am happy to do so if required.

Phillip

Starting to feel at home

Well what can I say, except thanks. More info than I got from Sandys Row! Idid contact Sandys Row but never got a reply. So wonderful info. Thanks again Phillip, and Pam.

Starting to feel at home

Hi Phillip. Many thanks for the wonderful info, still sorting it all out and will take many happy days to do so. The tombstone for Esther is not the one that I have on my tree. All is correct both parents check, name wise as well. But I have photos of my Esther long after 1912. I have found that the Jewish side of my family were not very 'creative' when it came to names. So many people of the same name. But all good info, so again many thanks for your wonderfully informative info. ps. I have joined www.jewishgen.org and there is a massive amount of info for Jewish people on their site. I recommend anyone searching for Jewish roots to visit and join them, its free to join and search.

Happy to help. There are Swaebe references in Doreen Berger The Jewish Victorian volumes and as I said I have yet to consult the Jewish Chronicle Archives and other sources. Let me know if you would like any checks on data or names.
    Is your family tree on Ancestry.Com? If so, and it is in the public domain I can look at your lines. The Defries/Devries relate to your lines from memory.

I will post sources on the surnames as a help to you and others.

Phillip