Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kroesen Family

Starting to feel at home

Phillip I will follow your lead and check as well. There seems to be many different spellings of names but will check my tree file and see if we can match something. Also the web site you quoted is another lead.

Starting to feel at home

Hi. I do have about a dozen Jacobs on my site will cross check your suggestions.

Hi Jeff
    My Jacobs line descends from my 5x great grandfather David Jacobs aka Letson aka Lietzen ( Germany) died 1809 through his son Henry Jacobs=Kitty Moses my 4x great grandparents. Many of the original Jacobs were glass dealers/manufacturers but over time took on other trades.If you look on the Jacobs website you can see my ( the Jacobs lines) lines. There is a lot of data.
    Just in case you spot on your tree any surnames- Crawcour, Hart,Myers, Cohen plus the Jacobs-these are my main Anglo Jewish family lines.
    Happy to communicate privately or via the BG Forum let me know via private email your e mail address.

Phillip

Starting to feel at home

I am on the Jacobs Family site now and looking at it, very well done. Looks like a lot of time and effort. Not sure how to private email from this site, will keep looking, must be a way? I will look for those names you suggest as well. Cohen I have a lot of, Jacobs only 2.
    My Cohen starts with Hartog Naftali-Hirsch Levie Cohen b 1670 in Amsterdam.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Jeff, to PM (private message) anyone just click on their username, and you'll see a drop-down menu.
    Simply select 'send private message'. You'll see another window, then just type.

To see replies, click on 'notifications' in the top blue banner, and select accordingly from that drop-down menu.
    Once in the private messages, on the left-hand side you will see 'inbox' and 'sent' options.

Alternatively to send, select notifications from top blue banner, and follow the links until you get to the 'send' page. Only problem that way is that you have to take great care in making sure you have the precise name of the person you're sending to. One wrong upper case/lower case letter could spell disaster!

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Jeff
    In case you didn't see these records on your Kroesen line- see London Metropolitan Archives online website- March 1948 Coroners Court Rebecca KROESEN Ref COR/LE/1948/045- there is a file on the death of Rebecca
    She is Death March qtr 1948 Rebecca KROESEN age 95 Stepney 5d 586

See her Burial and that of her husband Joseph- she is Rebecca Shwaab/Schwaebe born 1852
    See United Synagogue online burial records- East Ham Cemetery Rebecca Kroesen burial 14.3.1948 Section P Row 23 Plot 730
    Joseph Kroesen burial 10.11.1943 Section P Row 23 Plot 729

Hope this helps.

Phillip
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Starting to feel at home

Hi Phillip.
    Thanks for the info and link. The online record of Rebecca isn't accessible the file says "not available for general access" so I'm not sure what I can do to access it?

Starting to feel at home

The link to the Burial Site is great, if anyone has Jewish ancestors. I have found quite a few of my lot being buried in different cemeteries, so very use-full. The best thing about it is if you have a death year then you can narrow it down to at least the correct month, as they would have been buried within about 1 - 2 weeks. So thanks again Phillip. ps. I have emailed Aubrey thanking him for his wonderful essay on Dutch Jews and most importantly life in Spitalfields.

Jeff
    See the LMA Collections Access Policy which refers to a time restriction of 75 years for certain items including Coroner's Reports. In the case of Rebecca and her 1948 death this would mean a release date in 2022- see how you could then access the file. There maybe a local newspaper article regarding her death and why it went to the Coroner given her age in the nineties.
    The burial period for Jews is usually 1-3 days not months.

Don't forget Synagogue and Cemetery Scribes for important regarding burials, births, marriages, cirumcisions etc

Phillip
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Starting to feel at home

Thanks Phillip I will look at the other sources as you suggest. I think there was a paper named The Jewish Chronicle I will search their archives and see if they have anything. I did find other relatives buried in other cemeteries as well, so a good lead, thanks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast