Default Sanitorium/custody order

Hello,
    I really don’t know where to go now to try and piece together this missing piece of family history.
    My grandad Alfred John Burgess 10/07/13 was married in 1936 to Lilian may Ralph (Rolph).
    All we know that at some point thereafter he was admitted into a sanitorium with TB. Thankfully he made a full recovery. In the meantime their daughter Margaret had been evacuated? To Derbyshire. There then followed a custody hearing for custody of the child which Grandfather won. This info is very sketchy and only from one side of the family, (now deceased’s). Is there any way of finding which san Grandad was in and also if this hearing did actually take place? They lived in the Erdington area of Birmingham. I’ve tried all I can think of but now hitting that brick wall! Thank you so much . Any advice or help will be appreciated. Thank you

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums.
    Do you have his death certificate. He did died relatively young so to see the cause of death may be helpful. Who was the informant?
    Alfred John Burgess
    Birth Date - 10 Jul 1913
    Age at death - 55
    Registered June 1969
    Registration district: Solihull Warwickshire
    Volume 9c Page 2390

All the following information form this site

The main TB Sanatorium in Birmingham was the Yardley Sanatorium situated in Yardley Green Road. Also one in the West Bromwich area called Hill Top. Another called Yardley Green Hospital, Alsp a TB Sanatorium at West Heath, it is now West Heath Hospital. Another sanatorium at Romsley.

Here is The National Archives guide to hospital records but isn't much helps as you don't know which hospital he was in.

Others may have some ideas to help.

Did his wife revert to her maiden name as there is a Lilian M Rolph living in Edgbaston in 1950 (on the electoral roll) There is a William H and an Edith E with her.

Edited to add: I think there is a second marriage to a Lucy E Hill in 1946?

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Hi Christina
    Grandad died 1969 from Asbestos.
    He was married again to Lucy,you are correct.
    The other Ralph’s you mentioned are another branch of the family.
    Lillian remarried 1945.
    It’s the time between 1937 and 45 I’m stuck on.
    The 1939 register shows Margaret in Derbyshire as we thought.
    Thank you for the info on the Sans. I will try those now. Much appreciated you spending your time to help me.