Knowledgeable and helpful

Default How do I find W. Taylor

I have a death certificate for the 4th January 1868 death of Elizabeth Brunning at 7 Norfolk Road, Marylebone in Middlesex. The informant is 'W. Taylor. Present at the death.' Same address of Norfolk Road.

Elizabeth was a Taylor before she married and so far as I know only had one surviving brother (Robert born c1792) who could have produced Taylor heirs to be the informant.

Taylor is not an uncommon name so this W. Taylor may not have been a relative at all.

I can't find Robert Taylor (the brother) in any census searches.

So, is there a way to search by address for a W. Taylor in the 1861 or 1871 census or electoral rolls for 1868 just to satisfy my curiosity about this informant being a relative or not.

In the 1871 Census the head of household for 7 Norfolk Road, Marylebone is a William Taylor aged 49 born Norwich and his wife, Eliza, born Dursham, Suffolk and family.

Emeltee

Thank you. I think I've got him in 1861 working for a gentleman who is described as "mentally …." and the word is illegible. So, William seems to be some sort of nurse or carer of the day. Maybe, that's why he was present at the death of Elizabeth in 1868.

Norwich and Suffolk is where Elizabeth and her family came from so it looks promising but I'm not yet convinced he is a relative.

Probably just a huge coincidence but there was a William Taylor baptised 1822 in Norfolk, mother Elizabeth.

Emeltee

Oh wow! That puts the cat amongst the pigeons. Maybe, a coincidence as it would have been ten years before I have my Elizabeth marrying Mr. Brunning. But, I do have a strong suspicion they had a child together just before they married. I think Elizabeth was born 1794 ish so a child born 1822 is entirely possible.

A thickening plot …………………..