Hello Peoples,
I have been away from this site far too long but I have been looking into other lines and finally decided to have a look at one of my mother's and God I wish I hadn't started. The only saving grace is that most of my female line hasn't really moved out of Hampshire in centuries.
At the moment I am concentrating on the line of EDMUNDS or it might be EDMONDS.
William Edmunds [c1777-1847] married one Martha Cuzins [c1780] on 28th May 1798 at St Mary's and All Saints, Droxford, Hants. They went on to have seven living children [as far as I can find out] - William [1799-1871] who married Mary Hammen in 1828 and I have only been able to find sketchy details about them from that point onwards: Sarah [1801-1879] who it is believed to have married a James Gardener [but could have been Gardner or Gardiner] in Droxford in 1822 and these two are proving extremely difficult to pinpoint to any degree of accuracy as there is another couple, also James [born Twyford] and Sarah [born Droxford] Gardener or Gardiner and everywhere I have looked it would seem as both couples might have been mixed up especially on the census and the same could apply to her sister Anne [1803-] who originally I had down as marrying a William Gardner but this info is from notes I did years ago and I can't confirm any accuracy to them at all especially as I now can't find anything.
The remaining children of William and Martha are Richard [1805-1868], Joseph [1807], George [1809-1892] who married twice and whose daughter Mary married William Charles Talmash [1835-1917]who was the father of my grandmother Alice Talmash Whitworth [Talmash is sometimes spelt Tollemache]. The last child of William and Martha was John who was born in 1812.
I hope I haven't made the above confusing but I thought it best to list all the children I know off as it might help some kind soul recognise the family I am looking for.
Unfortunately I know absolute nothing about my female line at all as my mother was from that annoying generation that never spoke of such matters and while I might have met some of the Whitworth's, Dyer's, Edmunds, Talmash's when I was small, such memories have long since faded and after my grandmother died in 1974 all hope was lost in respect of my mother's family. If I was in Hampshire now I could easily walk pass them in the street and not know it.
So any help, as always would be so very much appreciated.
Many thanks, Prue