Default Canadian searching for WWII casualties' list

Hello all! I've been working on and off for about 16 months on my family genealogy. I just discovered the website for Military documents but with a name like Johnson and names such as Hughes and Harrison in my background I'm having a difficult time with some things on that site.

Today my search was for my Dad and my Mum's uncle John W Harrison's records. I found some, but not all, of my Dad's. However, John died during WWII and I remember my Mum having a photo of his gravestone but I can't find any database that shows deceased military from the UK. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

Barb

Brick wall demolition expert!

It doesn't have photographs, but it will tell you when and where they died and where they are buried/ commemorated:

Commonwealth War Graves Commission:

https://www.cwgc.org

Famous for offering help & advice

The Commonwealth War Graves Commission (cwgc.org) should give you a start toward finding the graves.
    WW2 records are not yet in the public domain - I'm sure one of our wonderful mods will give you the details how to obtain them.

Megan beat me to it! For photos of the graves, try Find A Grave - they might be there (when in a cemetery, like many others I take photos of the War Graves & upload them)
    Jane

There's a link to the message about WW2 service records HERE.

That only works for the RAF. I assume that he wasn't in the Canadian Forces?